Mar 31, 2013, 8:25 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers’ worrisome trail of injuries might continue with forward Max Talbot.
He appeared to have trouble putting weight on his left leg after a collision with Washington Capitals defenseman Mike Green, prompting the Philadelphia Daily News’ Frank Servalli to describe it as a “serious” issue.
There’s some discussion about the mechanics of the hit (video to come when available).
Some believe that the knee-to-knee happened because Green was trying to avoid a check. Either way, the worry is that Talbot might have been cut by a skate blade, according to observers including the Washington Times’ Stephen Whyno.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)