Mar 31, 2013, 8:25 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers’ worrisome trail of injuries might continue with forward Max Talbot.
He appeared to have trouble putting weight on his left leg after a collision with Washington Capitals defenseman Mike Green, prompting the Philadelphia Daily News’ Frank Servalli to describe it as a “serious” issue.
There’s some discussion about the mechanics of the hit (video to come when available).
Some believe that the knee-to-knee happened because Green was trying to avoid a check. Either way, the worry is that Talbot might have been cut by a skate blade, according to observers including the Washington Times’ Stephen Whyno.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 11
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 12
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 66
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 89
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)