Mar 31, 2013, 8:25 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers’ worrisome trail of injuries might continue with forward Max Talbot.
He appeared to have trouble putting weight on his left leg after a collision with Washington Capitals defenseman Mike Green, prompting the Philadelphia Daily News’ Frank Servalli to describe it as a “serious” issue.
There’s some discussion about the mechanics of the hit (video to come when available).
Some believe that the knee-to-knee happened because Green was trying to avoid a check. Either way, the worry is that Talbot might have been cut by a skate blade, according to observers including the Washington Times’ Stephen Whyno.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8