Mar 31, 2013, 8:25 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers’ worrisome trail of injuries might continue with forward Max Talbot.
He appeared to have trouble putting weight on his left leg after a collision with Washington Capitals defenseman Mike Green, prompting the Philadelphia Daily News’ Frank Servalli to describe it as a “serious” issue.
There’s some discussion about the mechanics of the hit (video to come when available).
Some believe that the knee-to-knee happened because Green was trying to avoid a check. Either way, the worry is that Talbot might have been cut by a skate blade, according to observers including the Washington Times’ Stephen Whyno.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 38
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 63
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 19
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 13
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 69
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)