Mar 31, 2013, 8:25 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers’ worrisome trail of injuries might continue with forward Max Talbot.
He appeared to have trouble putting weight on his left leg after a collision with Washington Capitals defenseman Mike Green, prompting the Philadelphia Daily News’ Frank Servalli to describe it as a “serious” issue.
There’s some discussion about the mechanics of the hit (video to come when available).
Some believe that the knee-to-knee happened because Green was trying to avoid a check. Either way, the worry is that Talbot might have been cut by a skate blade, according to observers including the Washington Times’ Stephen Whyno.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)