Mar 31, 2013, 3:06 PM EDT
A month ago, the Chicago Blackhawks squeaked by the Detroit Red Wings via a shootout. This Sunday, it was a blowout instead, with Chicago winning 7-1. Let’s get to the talking points.
- The Red Wings are parked in seventh place in the West with 39 points (17-13-5 in 35 games). How worried should Detroit be about missing the playoffs?
- Speaking of which, should Detroit look to the trade market to bolster its banged-up lineup? While Johan Franzen came back today, Henrik Zetterberg was an injury scratch and Mikael Samuelsson‘s return to action didn’t last very long.
- Pivoting on the trade deadline question: what kind of pieces should the powerhouse Blackhawks ponder? Is Mark Streit really the guy that might push them over the top?
- Would Detroit be a better first-round matchup for Chicago than the St. Louis Blues? What about other teams that are lingering around the eighth spot area like the San Jose Sharks, Dallas Stars, Edmonton Oilers, Nashville Predators or Columbus Blue Jackets?
- How good is Brandon Saad, really? He’s been red-hot lately.
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 10
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 18
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 21
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 16
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35