Mar 31, 2013, 5:33 PM EST
Pittsburgh Penguins GM Ray Shero provided an update on the health of Sidney Crosby – and his franchise – after visiting the star in the hospital on Sunday.
First things first, Shero seemed upbeat about Crosby’s status, as he told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Shelly Anderson.
“He was up and around, in good spirits. The doctor did a good job,” Shero said. “I thought he looked better than I thought he would.”
He noted that the 25-year-old star’s jaw wasn’t wired shut and reiterated the updates that a) Crosby is out indefinitely and b) “indefinitely” doesn’t necessarily mean a ton of time. Shero said he’ll need more time to tell if the team’s captain will be ready for the playoffs.
Crosby’s injury brought out an unexpected question this weekend: are the Penguins really done dealing, as many expected after they acquired Jarome Iginla?
Shero wasn’t specific, merely saying that losing the NHL’s leading scorer for an unclear amount of time won’t alter their plans. Does that mean they aren’t looking to make any other moves or that they still want to bolster the lineup?
It sounds like we’ll need to just wait and see.
Nov 22, 2014, 10:26 PM EST
Nov 22, 2014, 9:56 PM EST
New York takes both games of home-and-home set with Pittsburgh.
Nov 22, 2014, 9:23 PM EST
Difficult news for Washington.
Nov 22, 2014, 9:13 PM EST
Nov 22, 2014, 8:53 PM EST
Dealt with injury last season.
Nov 22, 2014, 8:32 PM EST
Fight didn’t last long.
Nov 22, 2014, 8:17 PM EST
“This is the biggest thing I’ve ever seen in my life with Toronto.”
Nov 22, 2014, 7:38 PM EST
Dallas has moved a trio of blue liners recently.
Nov 22, 2014, 7:09 PM EST
“Let the referees do their job, we’ll do our job.”
Nov 22, 2014, 6:31 PM EST
The St. Louis defender had an assist on the eventual winner.
Nov 22, 2014, 5:55 PM EST
Conflicting ideas on whether it was a fight or not.
Nov 22, 2014, 5:27 PM EST
In the rain, too, apparently.
Nov 22, 2014, 4:55 PM EST
“They embarrassed us pretty good in their building.”
Nov 22, 2014, 3:29 PM EST
He’s out Saturday, for sure.
Nov 22, 2014, 2:50 PM EST
A fun way to mislead people about Cory Schneider’s workhorse run.
Nov 22, 2014, 1:55 PM EST
NHL makes it official.
Nov 22, 2014, 1:36 PM EST
Not a lot of good news in Edmonton.
Nov 22, 2014, 12:40 PM EST
“They know who is the man.”
Nov 22, 2014, 11:32 AM EST
Tough loss for Vancouver.
Nov 22, 2014, 11:07 AM EST
His goal got the biggest reaction in Columbus on Friday.
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 0
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 5
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 9
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 78
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)