Mar 31, 2013, 2:55 PM EDT
The Penguins announced Crosby would be out indefinitely after having surgery for a broken jaw following yesterday’s puck in the face. Sid the Kid spent the night in the hospital after reportedly having oral surgery when Orpik’s deflected slap shot hit him in the mouth, knocking out some teeth.
If there’s a positive out of this so far it’s that there has been no talk of a possible concussion, but the Penguins will update Crosby’s condition later this week.
Losing Crosby at all is no small thing, even for a star-studded lineup like Pittsburgh has. He’s leading the league in points with 56, 10 more than the next best scorer in the league, Steven Stamkos of Tampa Bay. Good thing for the Pens that they’ve loaded up on veteran talent, huh?
Here’s the NBC panel discussing Crosby’s gruesome injury.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
May 30, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
For the first time in his career the 27-year-old is about to hit the open market.
May 30, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
He’ll be eligible to re-enter next month’s NHL Draft.
May 30, 2015, 10:45 AM EDT
He met with doctors in Buffalo on Thursday.
May 30, 2015, 9:45 AM EDT
He is currently an assistant coach in Nashville.
May 30, 2015, 1:08 AM EDT
Hard to blame the goalie in this one.
May 30, 2015, 12:17 AM EDT
“I don’t know if we’re so young and dumb and don’t know any better…”
May 29, 2015, 11:31 PM EDT
Might explain what occurred in the first period.
May 29, 2015, 10:55 PM EDT
Tampa Bay awaits the winner of the Blackhawks-Ducks series.
May 29, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Is it enough?
May 29, 2015, 9:53 PM EDT
Game 7 goes Saturday.
May 29, 2015, 8:54 PM EDT
Something to keep an eye on.
May 29, 2015, 8:21 PM EDT
Rangers also make one change to the lineup.
May 29, 2015, 7:20 PM EDT
The winner, as you know, goes to the Stanley Cup Final.
May 29, 2015, 6:39 PM EDT
“I’ve met with Nick several times and he knows he made a terrible mistake.”
May 29, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
And it looks like Tomas Fleischmann might replace Emerson Etem, again.
May 29, 2015, 4:45 PM EDT
People like ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun.
May 29, 2015, 3:49 PM EDT
Appeared in just 33 games this season.
May 29, 2015, 3:16 PM EDT
“I don’t feel any tingling or soreness.”
May 29, 2015, 2:18 PM EDT
NHL Central Scouting thinks slightly more of the B.C. defender.
May 29, 2015, 1:47 PM EDT
Spent the past five seasons in the KHL.
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 0
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 7
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 31
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 16
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)