Mar 30, 2013, 2:11 PM EDT
Crosby was struck in the face by a deflected shot from teammate Brooks Orpik. His slapshot from the blue line hit off the stick of Islanders forward Brad Boyes and directly into Crosby’s face, dropping him to the ice and bleeding.
Check out the video from ROOT Sports via YouTube.
The Penguins report that Crosby will not return to the game and there is no update on what his injury entails. We’ll keep you posted.
Update (2:21 p.m. ET): TSN’s Darren Dreger says Crosby is off to the hospital likely to get dental work done. That million dollar smile might have a gap or two in it next time we see it.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25