Mar 30, 2013, 2:11 PM EDT
Crosby was struck in the face by a deflected shot from teammate Brooks Orpik. His slapshot from the blue line hit off the stick of Islanders forward Brad Boyes and directly into Crosby’s face, dropping him to the ice and bleeding.
Check out the video from ROOT Sports via YouTube.
The Penguins report that Crosby will not return to the game and there is no update on what his injury entails. We’ll keep you posted.
Update (2:21 p.m. ET): TSN’s Darren Dreger says Crosby is off to the hospital likely to get dental work done. That million dollar smile might have a gap or two in it next time we see it.
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 9
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 14
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 56
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)