Mar 30, 2013, 2:11 PM EDT
Crosby was struck in the face by a deflected shot from teammate Brooks Orpik. His slapshot from the blue line hit off the stick of Islanders forward Brad Boyes and directly into Crosby’s face, dropping him to the ice and bleeding.
Check out the video from ROOT Sports via YouTube.
The Penguins report that Crosby will not return to the game and there is no update on what his injury entails. We’ll keep you posted.
Update (2:21 p.m. ET): TSN’s Darren Dreger says Crosby is off to the hospital likely to get dental work done. That million dollar smile might have a gap or two in it next time we see it.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 17
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)