Mar 30, 2013, 2:11 PM EDT
Crosby was struck in the face by a deflected shot from teammate Brooks Orpik. His slapshot from the blue line hit off the stick of Islanders forward Brad Boyes and directly into Crosby’s face, dropping him to the ice and bleeding.
Check out the video from ROOT Sports via YouTube.
The Penguins report that Crosby will not return to the game and there is no update on what his injury entails. We’ll keep you posted.
Update (2:21 p.m. ET): TSN’s Darren Dreger says Crosby is off to the hospital likely to get dental work done. That million dollar smile might have a gap or two in it next time we see it.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 6
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 1
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 17
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)