Mar 30, 2013, 2:11 PM EDT
Crosby was struck in the face by a deflected shot from teammate Brooks Orpik. His slapshot from the blue line hit off the stick of Islanders forward Brad Boyes and directly into Crosby’s face, dropping him to the ice and bleeding.
Check out the video from ROOT Sports via YouTube.
The Penguins report that Crosby will not return to the game and there is no update on what his injury entails. We’ll keep you posted.
Update (2:21 p.m. ET): TSN’s Darren Dreger says Crosby is off to the hospital likely to get dental work done. That million dollar smile might have a gap or two in it next time we see it.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 21
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 90
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (90)