Mar 30, 2013, 1:52 PM EST
The Flyers may or may not be a team to mix things up at the trade deadline, but they got a head start on action today by helping fill out their injured defensive ranks.
Philadelphia acquired blue liner Kent Huskins from the Detroit Red Wings for a conditional 2014 draft pick. Huskins was signed by the Red Wings earlier this season after going through a spell of defensive injuries of their own.
With Carlo Colaiacovo back from a shoulder injury, Brian Lashoff proving his worth, and newcomer Danny DeKeyser being signed, Huskins found himself as a healthy scratch more often than not on a team needing to clear a roster spot. In 11 games this season, he has no points and four penalty minutes.
Philly’s lost Andrej Meszaros and Braydon Coburn indefinitely with separate injuries and called up Oliver Lauridsen up from the AHL to play this afternoon against Boston. Huskins will at least give them a veteran to fill in rather than a rookie who may not be ready for the show.
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 15
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 2
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 24
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 38
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 12
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 63
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (162)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)