Mar 30, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Tampa Bay’s Nate Thompson is going to have to pay a visit (or at least a phone call) with Brendan Shanahan.
Thompson will meet with the Department of Player Safety today over a head check he delivered to New Jersey’s Matt D’Agostini during the second period of last night’s Lightning shootout victory. No penalty was called on the play and D’Agostini wasn’t hurt on the play.
For what it’s worth, Thompson doesn’t appear to have a record for being suspended so he’s got that working for him. Tampa Bay’s next game isn’t until Tuesday night at home against the Panthers. If Thompson is suspended, he’ll have to wait a while to serve it.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)