Mar 30, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Tampa Bay’s Nate Thompson is going to have to pay a visit (or at least a phone call) with Brendan Shanahan.
Thompson will meet with the Department of Player Safety today over a head check he delivered to New Jersey’s Matt D’Agostini during the second period of last night’s Lightning shootout victory. No penalty was called on the play and D’Agostini wasn’t hurt on the play.
For what it’s worth, Thompson doesn’t appear to have a record for being suspended so he’s got that working for him. Tampa Bay’s next game isn’t until Tuesday night at home against the Panthers. If Thompson is suspended, he’ll have to wait a while to serve it.
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 1
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 18
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 10
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 13
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 96
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)