Mar 30, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Tampa Bay’s Nate Thompson is going to have to pay a visit (or at least a phone call) with Brendan Shanahan.
Thompson will meet with the Department of Player Safety today over a head check he delivered to New Jersey’s Matt D’Agostini during the second period of last night’s Lightning shootout victory. No penalty was called on the play and D’Agostini wasn’t hurt on the play.
For what it’s worth, Thompson doesn’t appear to have a record for being suspended so he’s got that working for him. Tampa Bay’s next game isn’t until Tuesday night at home against the Panthers. If Thompson is suspended, he’ll have to wait a while to serve it.
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 62
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 87
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (87)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (80)