Mar 30, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Tampa Bay’s Nate Thompson is going to have to pay a visit (or at least a phone call) with Brendan Shanahan.
Thompson will meet with the Department of Player Safety today over a head check he delivered to New Jersey’s Matt D’Agostini during the second period of last night’s Lightning shootout victory. No penalty was called on the play and D’Agostini wasn’t hurt on the play.
For what it’s worth, Thompson doesn’t appear to have a record for being suspended so he’s got that working for him. Tampa Bay’s next game isn’t until Tuesday night at home against the Panthers. If Thompson is suspended, he’ll have to wait a while to serve it.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)