Mar 30, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Tampa Bay’s Nate Thompson is going to have to pay a visit (or at least a phone call) with Brendan Shanahan.
Thompson will meet with the Department of Player Safety today over a head check he delivered to New Jersey’s Matt D’Agostini during the second period of last night’s Lightning shootout victory. No penalty was called on the play and D’Agostini wasn’t hurt on the play.
For what it’s worth, Thompson doesn’t appear to have a record for being suspended so he’s got that working for him. Tampa Bay’s next game isn’t until Tuesday night at home against the Panthers. If Thompson is suspended, he’ll have to wait a while to serve it.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)