Mar 30, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
The New York Rangers’ headaches continued on Saturday with a 3-0 loss to the Montreal Canadiens, prompting one of the team’s former headache-makers to come out of the woodwork.
Retired winger Sean Avery wasn’t shy about laying the blame at John Tortorella’s feet, calling for his last NHL coach’s head on Twitter:
— Sean Avery (@imseanavery) March 31, 2013
Now that’s some quality chirping. Let’s look at the checklist:
- He spoke about himself in the third person (or at least the third Twitter handle).
- Solid use of all caps.
- He demanded that Tortorella gets fired.
- Apparently Torts doesn’t like the word clown.
- Avery even threw in Charlie Sheen’s #winning at the end.
Admit it, you kind of miss Avery’s antics, don’t you?
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 10
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 8
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 33
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)