Mar 30, 2013, 10:10 PM EST
The New York Rangers’ headaches continued on Saturday with a 3-0 loss to the Montreal Canadiens, prompting one of the team’s former headache-makers to come out of the woodwork.
Retired winger Sean Avery wasn’t shy about laying the blame at John Tortorella’s feet, calling for his last NHL coach’s head on Twitter:
— Sean Avery (@imseanavery) March 31, 2013
Now that’s some quality chirping. Let’s look at the checklist:
- He spoke about himself in the third person (or at least the third Twitter handle).
- Solid use of all caps.
- He demanded that Tortorella gets fired.
- Apparently Torts doesn’t like the word clown.
- Avery even threw in Charlie Sheen’s #winning at the end.
Admit it, you kind of miss Avery’s antics, don’t you?
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 13
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)