Mar 30, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
The New York Rangers’ headaches continued on Saturday with a 3-0 loss to the Montreal Canadiens, prompting one of the team’s former headache-makers to come out of the woodwork.
Retired winger Sean Avery wasn’t shy about laying the blame at John Tortorella’s feet, calling for his last NHL coach’s head on Twitter:
— Sean Avery (@imseanavery) March 31, 2013
Now that’s some quality chirping. Let’s look at the checklist:
- He spoke about himself in the third person (or at least the third Twitter handle).
- Solid use of all caps.
- He demanded that Tortorella gets fired.
- Apparently Torts doesn’t like the word clown.
- Avery even threw in Charlie Sheen’s #winning at the end.
Admit it, you kind of miss Avery’s antics, don’t you?
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22