Mar 30, 2013, 10:10 PM EST
The New York Rangers’ headaches continued on Saturday with a 3-0 loss to the Montreal Canadiens, prompting one of the team’s former headache-makers to come out of the woodwork.
Retired winger Sean Avery wasn’t shy about laying the blame at John Tortorella’s feet, calling for his last NHL coach’s head on Twitter:
— Sean Avery (@imseanavery) March 31, 2013
Now that’s some quality chirping. Let’s look at the checklist:
- He spoke about himself in the third person (or at least the third Twitter handle).
- Solid use of all caps.
- He demanded that Tortorella gets fired.
- Apparently Torts doesn’t like the word clown.
- Avery even threw in Charlie Sheen’s #winning at the end.
Admit it, you kind of miss Avery’s antics, don’t you?
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 12
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 77
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2