Mar 30, 2013, 7:59 PM EDT
It might cause some serious grumbling in the Buffalo Sabres locker room, but GM Darcy Regier told John Vogl of the Buffalo News that the team will listen to all kinds of offers at the trade deadline.
“Where our hockey club is right now we have to be open to listening to just about anything and everything, and I am listening,” Regier said.
Rumors have floated around about a bunch of Sabres players as the team experiences another disappointing season, star goalie Ryan Miller included. Defenseman Jordan Leopold might just be the first to go.
With such a broad proclamation, other teams and the Sabres’ fans might wonder what Regier is aiming for in a trade. He spoke vaguely about the future.
“You’re looking to get a group of top players that are going to play together, not on a one-year basis but going forward on a multi-year basis,” Regier said. “That’s our focus, and it could involve any players, and I think the players are aware of that … We have to be open to anything.”
Considering how much NHL general managers have complained about the lack of “sellers” in a league full of parity, it’s intriguing to hear that at least one team is putting up anyone for sale … at the right price, of course.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)