Mar 30, 2013, 7:59 PM EDT
It might cause some serious grumbling in the Buffalo Sabres locker room, but GM Darcy Regier told John Vogl of the Buffalo News that the team will listen to all kinds of offers at the trade deadline.
“Where our hockey club is right now we have to be open to listening to just about anything and everything, and I am listening,” Regier said.
Rumors have floated around about a bunch of Sabres players as the team experiences another disappointing season, star goalie Ryan Miller included. Defenseman Jordan Leopold might just be the first to go.
With such a broad proclamation, other teams and the Sabres’ fans might wonder what Regier is aiming for in a trade. He spoke vaguely about the future.
“You’re looking to get a group of top players that are going to play together, not on a one-year basis but going forward on a multi-year basis,” Regier said. “That’s our focus, and it could involve any players, and I think the players are aware of that … We have to be open to anything.”
Considering how much NHL general managers have complained about the lack of “sellers” in a league full of parity, it’s intriguing to hear that at least one team is putting up anyone for sale … at the right price, of course.
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 3
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 23
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 38
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)