Mar 30, 2013, 7:59 PM EDT
It might cause some serious grumbling in the Buffalo Sabres locker room, but GM Darcy Regier told John Vogl of the Buffalo News that the team will listen to all kinds of offers at the trade deadline.
“Where our hockey club is right now we have to be open to listening to just about anything and everything, and I am listening,” Regier said.
Rumors have floated around about a bunch of Sabres players as the team experiences another disappointing season, star goalie Ryan Miller included. Defenseman Jordan Leopold might just be the first to go.
With such a broad proclamation, other teams and the Sabres’ fans might wonder what Regier is aiming for in a trade. He spoke vaguely about the future.
“You’re looking to get a group of top players that are going to play together, not on a one-year basis but going forward on a multi-year basis,” Regier said. “That’s our focus, and it could involve any players, and I think the players are aware of that … We have to be open to anything.”
Considering how much NHL general managers have complained about the lack of “sellers” in a league full of parity, it’s intriguing to hear that at least one team is putting up anyone for sale … at the right price, of course.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)