Mar 30, 2013, 7:59 PM EDT
It might cause some serious grumbling in the Buffalo Sabres locker room, but GM Darcy Regier told John Vogl of the Buffalo News that the team will listen to all kinds of offers at the trade deadline.
“Where our hockey club is right now we have to be open to listening to just about anything and everything, and I am listening,” Regier said.
Rumors have floated around about a bunch of Sabres players as the team experiences another disappointing season, star goalie Ryan Miller included. Defenseman Jordan Leopold might just be the first to go.
With such a broad proclamation, other teams and the Sabres’ fans might wonder what Regier is aiming for in a trade. He spoke vaguely about the future.
“You’re looking to get a group of top players that are going to play together, not on a one-year basis but going forward on a multi-year basis,” Regier said. “That’s our focus, and it could involve any players, and I think the players are aware of that … We have to be open to anything.”
Considering how much NHL general managers have complained about the lack of “sellers” in a league full of parity, it’s intriguing to hear that at least one team is putting up anyone for sale … at the right price, of course.
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 0
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 10
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 64
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 48
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)