Mar 30, 2013, 7:59 PM EST
It might cause some serious grumbling in the Buffalo Sabres locker room, but GM Darcy Regier told John Vogl of the Buffalo News that the team will listen to all kinds of offers at the trade deadline.
“Where our hockey club is right now we have to be open to listening to just about anything and everything, and I am listening,” Regier said.
Rumors have floated around about a bunch of Sabres players as the team experiences another disappointing season, star goalie Ryan Miller included. Defenseman Jordan Leopold might just be the first to go.
With such a broad proclamation, other teams and the Sabres’ fans might wonder what Regier is aiming for in a trade. He spoke vaguely about the future.
“You’re looking to get a group of top players that are going to play together, not on a one-year basis but going forward on a multi-year basis,” Regier said. “That’s our focus, and it could involve any players, and I think the players are aware of that … We have to be open to anything.”
Considering how much NHL general managers have complained about the lack of “sellers” in a league full of parity, it’s intriguing to hear that at least one team is putting up anyone for sale … at the right price, of course.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)