Mar 30, 2013, 10:03 PM EDT
The report lists the Boston Bruins, Montreal Canadiens and New York Rangers as the top contenders for the 30-year-old power forward. While the Habs shut out the Rangers on Saturday, the other two teams lost in frustrating ways, perhaps making a swap more desirable.
A recent report also placed the Vancouver Canucks in the mix.
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports that the Sharks’ asking price is a first-round pick and a prospect.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7