Mar 30, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
People are worried that Crosby’s issues go beyond losing a “few teeth” for a simple reason: he has a history of concussion problems, so getting a puck to the face brings about natural concerns.
Those doubts don’t guarantee that this situation extends beyond due diligence, though. Requiring more time to rest (and not drive) following anesthesia is just one of the potential explanations for an extended stay.
That won’t stop some from assuming the worst, however.
Crosby, 25, suffered the injury during Pittsburgh’s 2-0 win against the New York Islanders on Saturday.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5