Mar 30, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
People are worried that Crosby’s issues go beyond losing a “few teeth” for a simple reason: he has a history of concussion problems, so getting a puck to the face brings about natural concerns.
Those doubts don’t guarantee that this situation extends beyond due diligence, though. Requiring more time to rest (and not drive) following anesthesia is just one of the potential explanations for an extended stay.
That won’t stop some from assuming the worst, however.
Crosby, 25, suffered the injury during Pittsburgh’s 2-0 win against the New York Islanders on Saturday.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)