Mar 30, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
People are worried that Crosby’s issues go beyond losing a “few teeth” for a simple reason: he has a history of concussion problems, so getting a puck to the face brings about natural concerns.
Those doubts don’t guarantee that this situation extends beyond due diligence, though. Requiring more time to rest (and not drive) following anesthesia is just one of the potential explanations for an extended stay.
That won’t stop some from assuming the worst, however.
Crosby, 25, suffered the injury during Pittsburgh’s 2-0 win against the New York Islanders on Saturday.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 29
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 52
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 24
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 89
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 14
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)