Mar 30, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
People are worried that Crosby’s issues go beyond losing a “few teeth” for a simple reason: he has a history of concussion problems, so getting a puck to the face brings about natural concerns.
Those doubts don’t guarantee that this situation extends beyond due diligence, though. Requiring more time to rest (and not drive) following anesthesia is just one of the potential explanations for an extended stay.
That won’t stop some from assuming the worst, however.
Crosby, 25, suffered the injury during Pittsburgh’s 2-0 win against the New York Islanders on Saturday.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 14
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 12
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 28
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)