Mar 30, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
People are worried that Crosby’s issues go beyond losing a “few teeth” for a simple reason: he has a history of concussion problems, so getting a puck to the face brings about natural concerns.
Those doubts don’t guarantee that this situation extends beyond due diligence, though. Requiring more time to rest (and not drive) following anesthesia is just one of the potential explanations for an extended stay.
That won’t stop some from assuming the worst, however.
Crosby, 25, suffered the injury during Pittsburgh’s 2-0 win against the New York Islanders on Saturday.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 18
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13