Mar 30, 2013, 10:30 PM EST
The Edmonton Oilers made sure that Cory Schneider‘s seventh consecutive start was a short one.
They scored on their first two shots on Saturday, chasing Schneider from the Vancouver Canucks’ net 2:05 into the game. Roberto Luongo wasn’t much luckier at first (Taylor Hall scored on him 38 seconds after he was inserted into the game), either.
(Really, it might just be Hall and the Oilers’ night, though. The young forward already has a hat trick in just about eight minutes of game time.)
A rocky showing doesn’t eliminate Schneider’s good work in the previous six contests, but for some, it might make the prospect of trading Luongo less enticing.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 148
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 117
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (148)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (117)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)