Mar 30, 2013, 10:30 PM EST
The Edmonton Oilers made sure that Cory Schneider‘s seventh consecutive start was a short one.
They scored on their first two shots on Saturday, chasing Schneider from the Vancouver Canucks’ net 2:05 into the game. Roberto Luongo wasn’t much luckier at first (Taylor Hall scored on him 38 seconds after he was inserted into the game), either.
(Really, it might just be Hall and the Oilers’ night, though. The young forward already has a hat trick in just about eight minutes of game time.)
A rocky showing doesn’t eliminate Schneider’s good work in the previous six contests, but for some, it might make the prospect of trading Luongo less enticing.
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 27
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)