Mar 30, 2013, 10:30 PM EST
The Edmonton Oilers made sure that Cory Schneider‘s seventh consecutive start was a short one.
They scored on their first two shots on Saturday, chasing Schneider from the Vancouver Canucks’ net 2:05 into the game. Roberto Luongo wasn’t much luckier at first (Taylor Hall scored on him 38 seconds after he was inserted into the game), either.
(Really, it might just be Hall and the Oilers’ night, though. The young forward already has a hat trick in just about eight minutes of game time.)
A rocky showing doesn’t eliminate Schneider’s good work in the previous six contests, but for some, it might make the prospect of trading Luongo less enticing.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 2
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 25
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 22
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 28
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 10
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)