Mar 30, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers made sure that Cory Schneider‘s seventh consecutive start was a short one.
They scored on their first two shots on Saturday, chasing Schneider from the Vancouver Canucks’ net 2:05 into the game. Roberto Luongo wasn’t much luckier at first (Taylor Hall scored on him 38 seconds after he was inserted into the game), either.
(Really, it might just be Hall and the Oilers’ night, though. The young forward already has a hat trick in just about eight minutes of game time.)
A rocky showing doesn’t eliminate Schneider’s good work in the previous six contests, but for some, it might make the prospect of trading Luongo less enticing.
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 0
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 8
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 27
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 10
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)