Mar 30, 2013, 9:56 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs took the Ottawa Senators’ fifth spot in the East with a 4-0 win on Saturday, leaving many onlookers to speak pretty loudly about the Buds finally making the playoffs.
The latest reason why the Leafs are playing so well? Secondary scoring – if you can call it that – from Joffrey Lupul‘s red-hot line.
Lupul (one-goal, three assists) helped Nazem Kadri keep his outstanding season going; the young Leafs forward had a hat trick and an assist.
When you combine the Kadri-Lupul combo with Phil Kessel and James van Riemsdyk (or mix and match the different possibilities), it appears that Maple Leafs are as dangerous as they’ve been since the last lockout.
Many believe that it’s going to be enough to break their nine-year drought.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)