Mar 30, 2013, 9:56 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs took the Ottawa Senators’ fifth spot in the East with a 4-0 win on Saturday, leaving many onlookers to speak pretty loudly about the Buds finally making the playoffs.
The latest reason why the Leafs are playing so well? Secondary scoring – if you can call it that – from Joffrey Lupul‘s red-hot line.
Lupul (one-goal, three assists) helped Nazem Kadri keep his outstanding season going; the young Leafs forward had a hat trick and an assist.
When you combine the Kadri-Lupul combo with Phil Kessel and James van Riemsdyk (or mix and match the different possibilities), it appears that Maple Leafs are as dangerous as they’ve been since the last lockout.
Many believe that it’s going to be enough to break their nine-year drought.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)