Mar 30, 2013, 9:56 PM EST
The Toronto Maple Leafs took the Ottawa Senators’ fifth spot in the East with a 4-0 win on Saturday, leaving many onlookers to speak pretty loudly about the Buds finally making the playoffs.
The latest reason why the Leafs are playing so well? Secondary scoring – if you can call it that – from Joffrey Lupul‘s red-hot line.
Lupul (one-goal, three assists) helped Nazem Kadri keep his outstanding season going; the young Leafs forward had a hat trick and an assist.
When you combine the Kadri-Lupul combo with Phil Kessel and James van Riemsdyk (or mix and match the different possibilities), it appears that Maple Leafs are as dangerous as they’ve been since the last lockout.
Many believe that it’s going to be enough to break their nine-year drought.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (74)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)