Mar 30, 2013, 7:31 PM EST
Not every injury update is significant enough to warrant a full post, especially on a busy Saturday. Here’s a roundup of some of the smaller bits:
- The Washington Capitals made some IR shuffles, placing winger Eric Fehr on it while taking defenseman Tomas Kundratek off of it, according to Mike Vogel of the team’s Web site.
- Defensive forward Vernon Fiddler is day-to-day with a charley horse. That forces the Dallas Stars to recall Toby Petersen, who has plenty of experience with the team at the NHL level.
- Detroit Red Wings head coach Mike Babcock told NHL.com’s Brian Hedger that Todd Bertuzzi is “skating better” and “feeling good.” Also quite pertinent: he apparently got a decent tan.
- Not technically an injury, but throwing it in there anyway: Tomas Kaberle was placed on waivers. RDS’ Renaud Lavoie reports that the Montreal Canadiens won’t send him to their AHL affiliate if he clears them. So, bad times for Kaberle.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)