Mar 30, 2013, 7:31 PM EDT
Not every injury update is significant enough to warrant a full post, especially on a busy Saturday. Here’s a roundup of some of the smaller bits:
- The Washington Capitals made some IR shuffles, placing winger Eric Fehr on it while taking defenseman Tomas Kundratek off of it, according to Mike Vogel of the team’s Web site.
- Defensive forward Vernon Fiddler is day-to-day with a charley horse. That forces the Dallas Stars to recall Toby Petersen, who has plenty of experience with the team at the NHL level.
- Detroit Red Wings head coach Mike Babcock told NHL.com’s Brian Hedger that Todd Bertuzzi is “skating better” and “feeling good.” Also quite pertinent: he apparently got a decent tan.
- Not technically an injury, but throwing it in there anyway: Tomas Kaberle was placed on waivers. RDS’ Renaud Lavoie reports that the Montreal Canadiens won’t send him to their AHL affiliate if he clears them. So, bad times for Kaberle.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)