Mar 30, 2013, 7:31 PM EDT
Not every injury update is significant enough to warrant a full post, especially on a busy Saturday. Here’s a roundup of some of the smaller bits:
- The Washington Capitals made some IR shuffles, placing winger Eric Fehr on it while taking defenseman Tomas Kundratek off of it, according to Mike Vogel of the team’s Web site.
- Defensive forward Vernon Fiddler is day-to-day with a charley horse. That forces the Dallas Stars to recall Toby Petersen, who has plenty of experience with the team at the NHL level.
- Detroit Red Wings head coach Mike Babcock told NHL.com’s Brian Hedger that Todd Bertuzzi is “skating better” and “feeling good.” Also quite pertinent: he apparently got a decent tan.
- Not technically an injury, but throwing it in there anyway: Tomas Kaberle was placed on waivers. RDS’ Renaud Lavoie reports that the Montreal Canadiens won’t send him to their AHL affiliate if he clears them. So, bad times for Kaberle.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5