Mar 30, 2013, 7:31 PM EDT
Not every injury update is significant enough to warrant a full post, especially on a busy Saturday. Here’s a roundup of some of the smaller bits:
- The Washington Capitals made some IR shuffles, placing winger Eric Fehr on it while taking defenseman Tomas Kundratek off of it, according to Mike Vogel of the team’s Web site.
- Defensive forward Vernon Fiddler is day-to-day with a charley horse. That forces the Dallas Stars to recall Toby Petersen, who has plenty of experience with the team at the NHL level.
- Detroit Red Wings head coach Mike Babcock told NHL.com’s Brian Hedger that Todd Bertuzzi is “skating better” and “feeling good.” Also quite pertinent: he apparently got a decent tan.
- Not technically an injury, but throwing it in there anyway: Tomas Kaberle was placed on waivers. RDS’ Renaud Lavoie reports that the Montreal Canadiens won’t send him to their AHL affiliate if he clears them. So, bad times for Kaberle.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 9
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)