Mar 30, 2013, 11:28 AM EST
While the initial belief was that Iginla would play on Sidney Crosby‘s line on the right wing, he’ll instead start on the left wing alongside Evgeni Malkin and James Neal. Crosby’s line with Chris Kunitz and Pascal Dupuis has worked out too well to split them up. It’s nice to have a wealth of riches, isn’t it?
As you might expect, Iginla is excited about joining the Penguins.
“They have a great team here, chemistry, great leadership. I’m just here to fit in, compete, work hard. Thrilled to join them,” he said.
The Penguins will look to win their 15th straight game against an Islanders team that’s very much in the playoff race tied for eighth in the East.
(Photo: Penguins Instagram)
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 12
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 77
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2