Mar 30, 2013, 11:28 AM EDT
While the initial belief was that Iginla would play on Sidney Crosby‘s line on the right wing, he’ll instead start on the left wing alongside Evgeni Malkin and James Neal. Crosby’s line with Chris Kunitz and Pascal Dupuis has worked out too well to split them up. It’s nice to have a wealth of riches, isn’t it?
As you might expect, Iginla is excited about joining the Penguins.
“They have a great team here, chemistry, great leadership. I’m just here to fit in, compete, work hard. Thrilled to join them,” he said.
The Penguins will look to win their 15th straight game against an Islanders team that’s very much in the playoff race tied for eighth in the East.
(Photo: Penguins Instagram)
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)