Mar 30, 2013, 11:28 AM EST
While the initial belief was that Iginla would play on Sidney Crosby‘s line on the right wing, he’ll instead start on the left wing alongside Evgeni Malkin and James Neal. Crosby’s line with Chris Kunitz and Pascal Dupuis has worked out too well to split them up. It’s nice to have a wealth of riches, isn’t it?
As you might expect, Iginla is excited about joining the Penguins.
“They have a great team here, chemistry, great leadership. I’m just here to fit in, compete, work hard. Thrilled to join them,” he said.
The Penguins will look to win their 15th straight game against an Islanders team that’s very much in the playoff race tied for eighth in the East.
(Photo: Penguins Instagram)
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 4
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 17
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 29