Mar 30, 2013, 11:09 AM EDT
Suffice to say, Marian Gaborik‘s season in New York hasn’t been a good one. He’s been shuffled up and down the lines and while he’s third on the team in points, doing that on the lowest scoring team in the league doesn’t make that impressive.
With just nine goals on the season, he tells Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News he’s doing his best to improve his game, especially after a long talk with coach John Tortorella.
“We had a good conversation, but that’s it,” Gaborik, 31, said Friday. “That’s all I’m going to say … I just have to be better. I have to try to get out of this funk. It’s a frustrating time, of course. I want to contribute. I want to be better.”
Gaborik isn’t the only Rangers player in an offensive funk. Brad Richards is right there with him as well with just five goals and 18 points. Just think of what this team might’ve been like had they not acquired Rick Nash from Columbus.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 6
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 30
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)