Mar 30, 2013, 11:09 AM EDT
Suffice to say, Marian Gaborik‘s season in New York hasn’t been a good one. He’s been shuffled up and down the lines and while he’s third on the team in points, doing that on the lowest scoring team in the league doesn’t make that impressive.
With just nine goals on the season, he tells Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News he’s doing his best to improve his game, especially after a long talk with coach John Tortorella.
“We had a good conversation, but that’s it,” Gaborik, 31, said Friday. “That’s all I’m going to say … I just have to be better. I have to try to get out of this funk. It’s a frustrating time, of course. I want to contribute. I want to be better.”
Gaborik isn’t the only Rangers player in an offensive funk. Brad Richards is right there with him as well with just five goals and 18 points. Just think of what this team might’ve been like had they not acquired Rick Nash from Columbus.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 9
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 51
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (54)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)