Mar 30, 2013, 3:42 PM EDT
Safe to say this season has been disappointing for the Flyers. They entered the day 14th in the East and six points out of the playoffs and not exactly playing inspiring hockey.
While the team unveiled a statue featuring 1970s legends Bernie Parent and Bobby Clarke, team owner Ed Snider was quizzed about what’s next for his team. Tim Panaccio of CSNPhilly.com shares what he had to say about GM Paul Holmgren’s role in fixing things up.
“I don’t want to talk about anything about when the season ends, who’s safe and who isn’t safe,” Snider replied. “These are decisions Paul Holmgren is going to have to make, not me.”
“We came into the season with high expectations, and it just seems like everything that could go wrong has gone wrong,” Snider said. “But the good teams overcome that and we’ve got to find a way to regroup, and I guarantee you we’ll be a heck of a lot better.”
If that sounds like a vote of confidence for Holmgren, it sure seems like it. The team’s had a host of injuries to their defense and their lack of addressing blue line depth in the offseason has hurt them. If Philly isn’t busy at the deadline, you have to believe they’ll be busy this summer.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 22
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 61
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (61)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)