Mar 30, 2013, 3:42 PM EDT
Safe to say this season has been disappointing for the Flyers. They entered the day 14th in the East and six points out of the playoffs and not exactly playing inspiring hockey.
While the team unveiled a statue featuring 1970s legends Bernie Parent and Bobby Clarke, team owner Ed Snider was quizzed about what’s next for his team. Tim Panaccio of CSNPhilly.com shares what he had to say about GM Paul Holmgren’s role in fixing things up.
“I don’t want to talk about anything about when the season ends, who’s safe and who isn’t safe,” Snider replied. “These are decisions Paul Holmgren is going to have to make, not me.”
“We came into the season with high expectations, and it just seems like everything that could go wrong has gone wrong,” Snider said. “But the good teams overcome that and we’ve got to find a way to regroup, and I guarantee you we’ll be a heck of a lot better.”
If that sounds like a vote of confidence for Holmgren, it sure seems like it. The team’s had a host of injuries to their defense and their lack of addressing blue line depth in the offseason has hurt them. If Philly isn’t busy at the deadline, you have to believe they’ll be busy this summer.
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 2
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 48
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)