Mar 30, 2013, 3:42 PM EST
Safe to say this season has been disappointing for the Flyers. They entered the day 14th in the East and six points out of the playoffs and not exactly playing inspiring hockey.
While the team unveiled a statue featuring 1970s legends Bernie Parent and Bobby Clarke, team owner Ed Snider was quizzed about what’s next for his team. Tim Panaccio of CSNPhilly.com shares what he had to say about GM Paul Holmgren’s role in fixing things up.
“I don’t want to talk about anything about when the season ends, who’s safe and who isn’t safe,” Snider replied. “These are decisions Paul Holmgren is going to have to make, not me.”
“We came into the season with high expectations, and it just seems like everything that could go wrong has gone wrong,” Snider said. “But the good teams overcome that and we’ve got to find a way to regroup, and I guarantee you we’ll be a heck of a lot better.”
If that sounds like a vote of confidence for Holmgren, it sure seems like it. The team’s had a host of injuries to their defense and their lack of addressing blue line depth in the offseason has hurt them. If Philly isn’t busy at the deadline, you have to believe they’ll be busy this summer.
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 3
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 33
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 63
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 31
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)