Mar 30, 2013, 2:18 AM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks have maintained a torrid pace so far, topped in the Western Conference only by the Chicago Blackhawks.
So, four straight losses in Anaheim probably seemed like a bit of a shock to the Ducks’ system. They were outscored 16-5 in those four games, and shut out in one of those games.
Friday’s 2-1 victory over the Blackhawks in Chicago got the Ducks back into the win column. It put them six points ahead of the third-place Vancouver Canucks and just three points back of the Blackhawks.
“I know I can’t win the game myself… we need everybody. Nobody was happy after the last game (against the Sharks), I know I wasn’t happy with the way I played and I don’t think many guys were,” Ducks goalie Jonas Hiller told CSN Chicago. “We knew we had to play better and we proved that if everybody plays at 100 percent, we have a chance to win against anybody.”
The top seed in the West is still within the Ducks’ reach.
But more importantly, Friday’s performance can go a long way in getting their collective confidence back.
“At least they know in their mind that when they put their mind to it, they’re a good hockey team and that the first 22 wins weren’t a fluke,” Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau told the Orange County Register.
The Ducks improved their record to 23-7-4.
Jul 10, 2014, 6:56 PM EDT
He has a window of opportunity to agree to terms with an NHL team.
Jul 10, 2014, 5:52 PM EDT
It gives him a chance to prove himself.
Jul 10, 2014, 5:11 PM EDT
His contract is reportedly worth up to $2.5 million with bonuses.
Jul 10, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
He’s expected to help mentor the team’s younger players.
Jul 10, 2014, 4:04 PM EDT
It was a big weakness for Dallas last season, but the additions of Jason Spezza and Ales Hemsky should change that.
Jul 10, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
Could this be a preview of things to come in the NHL?
Jul 10, 2014, 2:42 PM EDT
Hearing is scheduled for July 23.
Jul 10, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
The contracts the Leafs gave David Clarkson and Mike Komisarek are decent evidence of that.
Jul 10, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Thus avoiding arbitration.
Jul 10, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
“He is a big, strong and physical defenseman who is one of the building blocks for our team.”
Jul 10, 2014, 12:26 PM EDT
“I don’t want to turn this into a personal thing or get it to that point, because it’s not like that.”
Jul 10, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
But may get traded anyway.
Jul 10, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Joins Mike Johnston’s staff in Pittsburgh.
Jul 10, 2014, 10:57 AM EDT
Both good faceoff men.
Jul 10, 2014, 10:03 AM EDT
And he’ll get the chance to prove it next season with the Ducks.
Jul 10, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Former Wild, Isles center is off to EV Zug.
Jul 10, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
It’ll all make sense when you read what’s inside.
Jul 9, 2014, 9:41 PM EDT
Unlike what they did with Sean Monahan and Sven Baertschi.
Jul 9, 2014, 8:42 PM EDT
Appeared in nine games for Boston last season.
Jul 9, 2014, 7:43 PM EDT
Pictured: Dale Tallon.
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 31
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 12
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 30
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 60
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 56
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Kane: ‘I’m a Winnipeg Jet right now… we’ll see what happens’ 51
- McDavid, Eichel top Central Scouting Futures list 14
- Columnist: Mike Green is ‘destined to be traded’ by Caps 40
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Giroux apologizes, calls actions a ‘misguided attempt at humor’ (64)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (60)