Mar 30, 2013, 8:42 PM EST
The Boston Bruins’ recent run of shaky play continued on Saturday as they dropped a 3-1 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers. Head coach Claude Julien explained the team’s biggest issues to CSNNE.com following the defeat:
“It’s a different line in another game, and then the other three [aren’t going]. We can’t win hockey games relying on one line per night producing for us,” Julien said. ” … We need to relax a little. But we also need to wake up and play Bruins hockey. Because that’s not what we’re playing right now.”
Julien seemed to indirectly address the lack of trades while reflecting on Boston’s woes.
“If we’re looking for help, we’re looking in the wrong direction,” Julien said. “We really need to start looking at ourselves because as a team right now we’re not playing well. We’re very average in all areas and we’re not playing Bruins hockey. We can out-shoot teams all night long, but it doesn’t mean much.”
Tough guy Shawn Thornton believes it’s not for a lack of trying.
“I don’t think it’s a lack of effort right now. I think it’s just a lack of execution,” Thornton said. “For whatever reason, we were squeezing our sticks in the first two periods. We’re just not making plays that we’re capable of making. I honestly think the effort was there.
“I don’t know if we’re trying a little bit too hard and we’re just bobbling things right now. We just need to get back to having fun and making plays. We’re a good team.”
Mar 8, 2014, 3:49 PM EST
He had a 0.96 GAA and .954 save percentage in the Olympics.
Mar 8, 2014, 3:21 PM EST
He suffered the injury last Saturday.
Mar 8, 2014, 2:42 PM EST
He might not be ready for the start of the playoffs either, should Columbus get that far.
Mar 8, 2014, 1:58 PM EST
Guess who holds that record?
Mar 8, 2014, 1:16 PM EST
The Capitals drafted him in 2010, but he’s been playing in the KHL.
Mar 8, 2014, 12:58 PM EST
It will be his first start with Washington.
Mar 8, 2014, 12:15 PM EST
They were key players in Finland’s bronze medal run in the 2014 Winter Olympics.
Mar 8, 2014, 11:32 AM EST
The Lightning are trying to get out of a rut just days after trading Martin St. Louis.
Mar 8, 2014, 10:40 AM EST
He’s open to continuing his career as a backup goaltender.
Mar 8, 2014, 9:51 AM EST
Ottawa has been underwhelming this season.
Mar 8, 2014, 9:03 AM EST
He hasn’t taken a penalty yet this season.
Mar 8, 2014, 2:05 AM EST
Marc-Andre Fleury was busy in this one.
Mar 8, 2014, 1:11 AM EST
On a special night for one of the franchise’s greats.
Mar 8, 2014, 12:24 AM EST
This is just…sick. But awesome, too.
Mar 8, 2014, 12:05 AM EST
Played nine seasons in Calgary.
Mar 7, 2014, 11:19 PM EST
Last shift came late in first period.
Mar 7, 2014, 11:03 PM EST
Goals, goals and more goals in this one.
Mar 7, 2014, 10:28 PM EST
His first NHL start since Feb. 8.
Mar 7, 2014, 10:02 PM EST
Remember that blockbuster trade the other day?
Mar 7, 2014, 9:27 PM EST
Just keeps on going.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 22
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)