Mar 30, 2013, 8:42 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins’ recent run of shaky play continued on Saturday as they dropped a 3-1 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers. Head coach Claude Julien explained the team’s biggest issues to CSNNE.com following the defeat:
“It’s a different line in another game, and then the other three [aren’t going]. We can’t win hockey games relying on one line per night producing for us,” Julien said. ” … We need to relax a little. But we also need to wake up and play Bruins hockey. Because that’s not what we’re playing right now.”
Julien seemed to indirectly address the lack of trades while reflecting on Boston’s woes.
“If we’re looking for help, we’re looking in the wrong direction,” Julien said. “We really need to start looking at ourselves because as a team right now we’re not playing well. We’re very average in all areas and we’re not playing Bruins hockey. We can out-shoot teams all night long, but it doesn’t mean much.”
Tough guy Shawn Thornton believes it’s not for a lack of trying.
“I don’t think it’s a lack of effort right now. I think it’s just a lack of execution,” Thornton said. “For whatever reason, we were squeezing our sticks in the first two periods. We’re just not making plays that we’re capable of making. I honestly think the effort was there.
“I don’t know if we’re trying a little bit too hard and we’re just bobbling things right now. We just need to get back to having fun and making plays. We’re a good team.”
Jul 26, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
Positive updates following a scary situation.
Jul 26, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
Dominic Moore spearheaded it, but Stephane Veilleux dominated.
Jul 26, 2014, 10:54 AM EDT
The player wants $4.95 million; New York argues for $3.825 million.
Jul 26, 2014, 10:08 AM EDT
He was one of the team’s most frequent hitters in 2014-15.
Jul 26, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Nathan Walker spent the 2013-14 campaign in the AHL.
Jul 25, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
Vancouver took him with the sixth overall pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.
Jul 25, 2014, 9:38 PM EDT
He signed with the AHL Oklahoma City Barons.
Jul 25, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
That wasn’t the case when he began his career.
Jul 25, 2014, 7:23 PM EDT
He’s a restricted free agent, but might end up returning to Switzerland.
Jul 25, 2014, 6:17 PM EDT
In a way, she played a role in him working for the Canucks.
Jul 25, 2014, 5:12 PM EDT
He lost the starting job to Jonathan Bernier last season.
Jul 25, 2014, 4:05 PM EDT
He was taken with the fourth overall pick.
Jul 25, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Two-time Stanley Cup winner played last season with KHL club HC Donbass.
Jul 25, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
“I wish I had a really good answer — where this came from and why, and how it came about — but I don’t, to be honest.”
Jul 25, 2014, 1:01 PM EDT
“We’re hoping the change of scenery is going to do him good.”
Jul 25, 2014, 12:09 PM EDT
But not before having played his first NHL game since 2009-10.
Jul 25, 2014, 11:11 AM EDT
“It’s a fairly simple one because Marc wants to be here,”
Jul 25, 2014, 10:13 AM EDT
The 32nd overall pick at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
Jul 25, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
He made his NHL debut with Washington last season.
Jul 25, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 18
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)