Mar 30, 2013, 8:42 PM EST
The Boston Bruins’ recent run of shaky play continued on Saturday as they dropped a 3-1 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers. Head coach Claude Julien explained the team’s biggest issues to CSNNE.com following the defeat:
“It’s a different line in another game, and then the other three [aren’t going]. We can’t win hockey games relying on one line per night producing for us,” Julien said. ” … We need to relax a little. But we also need to wake up and play Bruins hockey. Because that’s not what we’re playing right now.”
Julien seemed to indirectly address the lack of trades while reflecting on Boston’s woes.
“If we’re looking for help, we’re looking in the wrong direction,” Julien said. “We really need to start looking at ourselves because as a team right now we’re not playing well. We’re very average in all areas and we’re not playing Bruins hockey. We can out-shoot teams all night long, but it doesn’t mean much.”
Tough guy Shawn Thornton believes it’s not for a lack of trying.
“I don’t think it’s a lack of effort right now. I think it’s just a lack of execution,” Thornton said. “For whatever reason, we were squeezing our sticks in the first two periods. We’re just not making plays that we’re capable of making. I honestly think the effort was there.
“I don’t know if we’re trying a little bit too hard and we’re just bobbling things right now. We just need to get back to having fun and making plays. We’re a good team.”
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)