Mar 30, 2013, 1:47 AM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks know all about going on a long streak that can captivate hockey fans from all different corners of the NHL.
After all, they did go 24 straight games to begin the 2013 season without a loss in regulation time.
In the Eastern Conference, it’s the Pittsburgh Penguins that are on quite a roll right now.
They’re on a 14-game winning streak, and are so far perfect in the month of March, with a Saturday afternoon game against the New York Islanders.
After a trio of trades this week that hit a peak with the addition of Jarome Iginla, have to be considered the favorites to take the Eastern Conference.
“It is a little different, it’s almost like there’s two leagues now,” Blackhawks forward Patrick Sharp told the Chicago Sun-Times.
“We don’t see them until the Stanley Cup Final, hopefully. [But] I like to watch the Eastern Conference on TV more than I like to watch the West. It seems like everyone in the West, you play them every night, you’re more familiar with them. It’s more fun to see [the East].
“I like watching the Flyers and the Penguins and Toronto Maple Leafs I grew up watching. You have to admire the way Pittsburgh’s playing, and what they’re doing to their lineup, trying to build up for a long playoff run.”
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 4
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 6
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 71
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (71)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)