Mar 29, 2013, 8:52 AM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers acquired Mike Brown from the Toronto Maple Leafs because they wanted to inject more toughness on a team that has a wealth of young skilled forwards. With the Oilers and Columbus Blue Jackets both desperately trying to stay in the playoffs, Brown stepped up Thursday night.
The fight was a long one with both players delivering their fair share of blows. If you want to see it, you can do so below:
Brown and Boll are tied for second place in the NHL with 10 fights each in 2013, according to hockeyfights. That’s not surprising, given that both players have been prolific fighters throughout their NHL careers.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 64
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50