Mar 29, 2013, 8:52 AM EST
The Edmonton Oilers acquired Mike Brown from the Toronto Maple Leafs because they wanted to inject more toughness on a team that has a wealth of young skilled forwards. With the Oilers and Columbus Blue Jackets both desperately trying to stay in the playoffs, Brown stepped up Thursday night.
The fight was a long one with both players delivering their fair share of blows. If you want to see it, you can do so below:
Brown and Boll are tied for second place in the NHL with 10 fights each in 2013, according to hockeyfights. That’s not surprising, given that both players have been prolific fighters throughout their NHL careers.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 9
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 6
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 34
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11