Mar 29, 2013, 9:34 PM EDT
After finally snapping a seven-game losing skid on Thursday night, the Phoenix Coyotes will look to make it two wins in a row when they take on the San Jose Sharks on Saturday.
But the Coyotes will try and do so without goaltender Mike Smith.
Smith hasn’t played since March 21, when he came out to play the puck behind his own net and was hit by Canucks defenseman Alex Edler.
Edler received a two-game suspension.
Smith was placed on injured reserve on Tuesday with an upper-body injury.
The Coyotes are 12th in the Western Conference, but only three points back of the St. Louis Blues for the eighth and final playoff spot.
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 0
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 0
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 7
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 60
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 61
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 165
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (165)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)