Mar 29, 2013, 9:34 PM EDT
After finally snapping a seven-game losing skid on Thursday night, the Phoenix Coyotes will look to make it two wins in a row when they take on the San Jose Sharks on Saturday.
But the Coyotes will try and do so without goaltender Mike Smith.
Smith hasn’t played since March 21, when he came out to play the puck behind his own net and was hit by Canucks defenseman Alex Edler.
Edler received a two-game suspension.
Smith was placed on injured reserve on Tuesday with an upper-body injury.
The Coyotes are 12th in the Western Conference, but only three points back of the St. Louis Blues for the eighth and final playoff spot.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 17
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 17
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (80)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)