Mar 29, 2013, 9:34 PM EDT
After finally snapping a seven-game losing skid on Thursday night, the Phoenix Coyotes will look to make it two wins in a row when they take on the San Jose Sharks on Saturday.
But the Coyotes will try and do so without goaltender Mike Smith.
Smith hasn’t played since March 21, when he came out to play the puck behind his own net and was hit by Canucks defenseman Alex Edler.
Edler received a two-game suspension.
Smith was placed on injured reserve on Tuesday with an upper-body injury.
The Coyotes are 12th in the Western Conference, but only three points back of the St. Louis Blues for the eighth and final playoff spot.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5