Mar 29, 2013, 9:34 PM EDT
After finally snapping a seven-game losing skid on Thursday night, the Phoenix Coyotes will look to make it two wins in a row when they take on the San Jose Sharks on Saturday.
But the Coyotes will try and do so without goaltender Mike Smith.
Smith hasn’t played since March 21, when he came out to play the puck behind his own net and was hit by Canucks defenseman Alex Edler.
Edler received a two-game suspension.
Smith was placed on injured reserve on Tuesday with an upper-body injury.
The Coyotes are 12th in the Western Conference, but only three points back of the St. Louis Blues for the eighth and final playoff spot.
- Hurricanes say Jordan Staal broke a bone in his right leg 2
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)