Mar 29, 2013, 9:34 PM EDT
After finally snapping a seven-game losing skid on Thursday night, the Phoenix Coyotes will look to make it two wins in a row when they take on the San Jose Sharks on Saturday.
But the Coyotes will try and do so without goaltender Mike Smith.
Smith hasn’t played since March 21, when he came out to play the puck behind his own net and was hit by Canucks defenseman Alex Edler.
Edler received a two-game suspension.
Smith was placed on injured reserve on Tuesday with an upper-body injury.
The Coyotes are 12th in the Western Conference, but only three points back of the St. Louis Blues for the eighth and final playoff spot.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Western Conference Final Game 7 0
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 7
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 17
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 37
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 21
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)