Mar 29, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
It’s not shocking that the struggling Buffalo Sabres are in a bad mood, so it makes sense that they seemed crabby when discussing trade rumors with the Buffalo News.
Winger Jason Pominville seemed especially perturbed, according to the report.
“You hear your name, and I think you hear your name from people that want more followers on Twitter, will come out and say different things,” Pominville said. “You hear your name here and there, but where are those things really coming from?
“I think we’ve just got to worry about playing. There’s going to be rumors every year. It’s the way it is. It’s the nature of the sport. It is what it is. We’ve just got to worry about what we have to do.”
Apparently fielding a follow-up question wasn’t that pleasant (the “clearly affected” description via the Buffalo News report).
“It doesn’t affect me at all,” Pominville said while clearly affected. “I just answered the question. It makes no sense to me right now. Again, I have a contract that has a clause in it, and I haven’t been asked anything. I’m not worried about it. I’ve just got to go out there and play. If something happens, then I’ll worry about it. Right now it’s just trying to win games.”
One way or another the trade deadline is almost over (just like the Sabres’ season, seemingly).
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 4
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 36
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6