Mar 29, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
It’s not shocking that the struggling Buffalo Sabres are in a bad mood, so it makes sense that they seemed crabby when discussing trade rumors with the Buffalo News.
Winger Jason Pominville seemed especially perturbed, according to the report.
“You hear your name, and I think you hear your name from people that want more followers on Twitter, will come out and say different things,” Pominville said. “You hear your name here and there, but where are those things really coming from?
“I think we’ve just got to worry about playing. There’s going to be rumors every year. It’s the way it is. It’s the nature of the sport. It is what it is. We’ve just got to worry about what we have to do.”
Apparently fielding a follow-up question wasn’t that pleasant (the “clearly affected” description via the Buffalo News report).
“It doesn’t affect me at all,” Pominville said while clearly affected. “I just answered the question. It makes no sense to me right now. Again, I have a contract that has a clause in it, and I haven’t been asked anything. I’m not worried about it. I’ve just got to go out there and play. If something happens, then I’ll worry about it. Right now it’s just trying to win games.”
One way or another the trade deadline is almost over (just like the Sabres’ season, seemingly).
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 11
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 20
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 31
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 41
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)