Mar 29, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
It’s not shocking that the struggling Buffalo Sabres are in a bad mood, so it makes sense that they seemed crabby when discussing trade rumors with the Buffalo News.
Winger Jason Pominville seemed especially perturbed, according to the report.
“You hear your name, and I think you hear your name from people that want more followers on Twitter, will come out and say different things,” Pominville said. “You hear your name here and there, but where are those things really coming from?
“I think we’ve just got to worry about playing. There’s going to be rumors every year. It’s the way it is. It’s the nature of the sport. It is what it is. We’ve just got to worry about what we have to do.”
Apparently fielding a follow-up question wasn’t that pleasant (the “clearly affected” description via the Buffalo News report).
“It doesn’t affect me at all,” Pominville said while clearly affected. “I just answered the question. It makes no sense to me right now. Again, I have a contract that has a clause in it, and I haven’t been asked anything. I’m not worried about it. I’ve just got to go out there and play. If something happens, then I’ll worry about it. Right now it’s just trying to win games.”
One way or another the trade deadline is almost over (just like the Sabres’ season, seemingly).
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 16
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 24
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 16
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 30
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)