Mar 29, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
It’s not shocking that the struggling Buffalo Sabres are in a bad mood, so it makes sense that they seemed crabby when discussing trade rumors with the Buffalo News.
Winger Jason Pominville seemed especially perturbed, according to the report.
“You hear your name, and I think you hear your name from people that want more followers on Twitter, will come out and say different things,” Pominville said. “You hear your name here and there, but where are those things really coming from?
“I think we’ve just got to worry about playing. There’s going to be rumors every year. It’s the way it is. It’s the nature of the sport. It is what it is. We’ve just got to worry about what we have to do.”
Apparently fielding a follow-up question wasn’t that pleasant (the “clearly affected” description via the Buffalo News report).
“It doesn’t affect me at all,” Pominville said while clearly affected. “I just answered the question. It makes no sense to me right now. Again, I have a contract that has a clause in it, and I haven’t been asked anything. I’m not worried about it. I’ve just got to go out there and play. If something happens, then I’ll worry about it. Right now it’s just trying to win games.”
One way or another the trade deadline is almost over (just like the Sabres’ season, seemingly).
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 22
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 61
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (61)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)