Mar 29, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
It’s not shocking that the struggling Buffalo Sabres are in a bad mood, so it makes sense that they seemed crabby when discussing trade rumors with the Buffalo News.
Winger Jason Pominville seemed especially perturbed, according to the report.
“You hear your name, and I think you hear your name from people that want more followers on Twitter, will come out and say different things,” Pominville said. “You hear your name here and there, but where are those things really coming from?
“I think we’ve just got to worry about playing. There’s going to be rumors every year. It’s the way it is. It’s the nature of the sport. It is what it is. We’ve just got to worry about what we have to do.”
Apparently fielding a follow-up question wasn’t that pleasant (the “clearly affected” description via the Buffalo News report).
“It doesn’t affect me at all,” Pominville said while clearly affected. “I just answered the question. It makes no sense to me right now. Again, I have a contract that has a clause in it, and I haven’t been asked anything. I’m not worried about it. I’ve just got to go out there and play. If something happens, then I’ll worry about it. Right now it’s just trying to win games.”
One way or another the trade deadline is almost over (just like the Sabres’ season, seemingly).
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 17
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28