Mar 29, 2013, 3:52 PM EDT
Staple tweeted early Friday afternoon that multiple sources were telling him negotiations have been “very positive.”
Visnovsky, 36, has nine points in 22 games this season — a season he started late, citing a family matter in his native Slovakia.
You may also recall last summer when Visnovsky tried to void the trade that sent him from Anaheim to Long Island.
But all that sounds like water under the bridge, as the Isles find themselves right on the verge of a playoff spot, not to mention close to getting a commitment from a guy that once — sorry, make that twice — fought to stay away.
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 5
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12