Mar 29, 2013, 3:52 PM EDT
Staple tweeted early Friday afternoon that multiple sources were telling him negotiations have been “very positive.”
Visnovsky, 36, has nine points in 22 games this season — a season he started late, citing a family matter in his native Slovakia.
You may also recall last summer when Visnovsky tried to void the trade that sent him from Anaheim to Long Island.
But all that sounds like water under the bridge, as the Isles find themselves right on the verge of a playoff spot, not to mention close to getting a commitment from a guy that once — sorry, make that twice — fought to stay away.
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 12
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 28
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 19
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)