Mar 29, 2013, 3:52 PM EDT
Staple tweeted early Friday afternoon that multiple sources were telling him negotiations have been “very positive.”
Visnovsky, 36, has nine points in 22 games this season — a season he started late, citing a family matter in his native Slovakia.
You may also recall last summer when Visnovsky tried to void the trade that sent him from Anaheim to Long Island.
But all that sounds like water under the bridge, as the Isles find themselves right on the verge of a playoff spot, not to mention close to getting a commitment from a guy that once — sorry, make that twice — fought to stay away.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 5
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 34
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)