Mar 29, 2013, 3:52 PM EDT
Staple tweeted early Friday afternoon that multiple sources were telling him negotiations have been “very positive.”
Visnovsky, 36, has nine points in 22 games this season — a season he started late, citing a family matter in his native Slovakia.
You may also recall last summer when Visnovsky tried to void the trade that sent him from Anaheim to Long Island.
But all that sounds like water under the bridge, as the Isles find themselves right on the verge of a playoff spot, not to mention close to getting a commitment from a guy that once — sorry, make that twice — fought to stay away.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)