Mar 29, 2013, 3:52 PM EDT
Staple tweeted early Friday afternoon that multiple sources were telling him negotiations have been “very positive.”
Visnovsky, 36, has nine points in 22 games this season — a season he started late, citing a family matter in his native Slovakia.
You may also recall last summer when Visnovsky tried to void the trade that sent him from Anaheim to Long Island.
But all that sounds like water under the bridge, as the Isles find themselves right on the verge of a playoff spot, not to mention close to getting a commitment from a guy that once — sorry, make that twice — fought to stay away.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)