Mar 29, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
It originally sounded like Jarome Iginla wouldn’t be able to make his Pittsburgh Penguins debut until next week, but now there’s at least a shot he could suit up for his new team on Saturday.
Iginla resolved his visa issues and hopped on a plane to Pittsburgh on Friday, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review’s Rob Rossi.
Even if it goes through, this doesn’t guarantee that he’ll actually play against the New York Islanders tomorrow, yet it makes it far more plausible. It’s not like the Penguins need to rush him back in the lineup; they pushed their NHL season-high winning streak to 14 games last night, after all.
That being said, it would be a lot of fun if he ended up getting in the lineup sooner rather than later.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39