Mar 29, 2013, 7:05 PM EST
It originally sounded like Jarome Iginla wouldn’t be able to make his Pittsburgh Penguins debut until next week, but now there’s at least a shot he could suit up for his new team on Saturday.
Iginla resolved his visa issues and hopped on a plane to Pittsburgh on Friday, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review’s Rob Rossi.
Even if it goes through, this doesn’t guarantee that he’ll actually play against the New York Islanders tomorrow, yet it makes it far more plausible. It’s not like the Penguins need to rush him back in the lineup; they pushed their NHL season-high winning streak to 14 games last night, after all.
That being said, it would be a lot of fun if he ended up getting in the lineup sooner rather than later.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4