Mar 29, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
It originally sounded like Jarome Iginla wouldn’t be able to make his Pittsburgh Penguins debut until next week, but now there’s at least a shot he could suit up for his new team on Saturday.
Iginla resolved his visa issues and hopped on a plane to Pittsburgh on Friday, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review’s Rob Rossi.
Even if it goes through, this doesn’t guarantee that he’ll actually play against the New York Islanders tomorrow, yet it makes it far more plausible. It’s not like the Penguins need to rush him back in the lineup; they pushed their NHL season-high winning streak to 14 games last night, after all.
That being said, it would be a lot of fun if he ended up getting in the lineup sooner rather than later.
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 0
- Report: Witness subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 24
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 6
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)