Mar 29, 2013, 12:04 PM EDT
“They’re going to go back and have a look at him,” Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said, according to the Detroit Free Press. “Obviously, he couldn’t play in the third. We’ll see what happens. It was serious enough to leave the game.”
Franzen is hard to replace, but at least Detroit is likely to get back another forward now that Mikael Samuelsson (hand) has been given the green light to return. Detroit got more good news with blueliner Kyle Quincey (fractured cheekbone) now being healthy enough to workout.
There’s still no timetable for Todd Bertuzzi‘s (leg) return, but the good news is that he’s been skating lately.
In other news, Carlo Colaiacovo, who was activated off of the injured reserve list last week, has been sent to the AHL on a conditioning stint. Colaiacovo hasn’t played since Jan. 21, so this will give him a chance to get back into game shape in time for Detroit’s final push for a playoff spot.
Detroit will attempt to bounce back against the Chicago Blackhawks on Sunday. That won’t be easy, but the Red Wings need every point they can get.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)