Mar 29, 2013, 12:04 PM EDT
“They’re going to go back and have a look at him,” Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said, according to the Detroit Free Press. “Obviously, he couldn’t play in the third. We’ll see what happens. It was serious enough to leave the game.”
Franzen is hard to replace, but at least Detroit is likely to get back another forward now that Mikael Samuelsson (hand) has been given the green light to return. Detroit got more good news with blueliner Kyle Quincey (fractured cheekbone) now being healthy enough to workout.
There’s still no timetable for Todd Bertuzzi‘s (leg) return, but the good news is that he’s been skating lately.
In other news, Carlo Colaiacovo, who was activated off of the injured reserve list last week, has been sent to the AHL on a conditioning stint. Colaiacovo hasn’t played since Jan. 21, so this will give him a chance to get back into game shape in time for Detroit’s final push for a playoff spot.
Detroit will attempt to bounce back against the Chicago Blackhawks on Sunday. That won’t be easy, but the Red Wings need every point they can get.
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 0
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 8
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 19
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 18
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 50
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)