Mar 29, 2013, 12:04 PM EDT
“They’re going to go back and have a look at him,” Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said, according to the Detroit Free Press. “Obviously, he couldn’t play in the third. We’ll see what happens. It was serious enough to leave the game.”
Franzen is hard to replace, but at least Detroit is likely to get back another forward now that Mikael Samuelsson (hand) has been given the green light to return. Detroit got more good news with blueliner Kyle Quincey (fractured cheekbone) now being healthy enough to workout.
There’s still no timetable for Todd Bertuzzi‘s (leg) return, but the good news is that he’s been skating lately.
In other news, Carlo Colaiacovo, who was activated off of the injured reserve list last week, has been sent to the AHL on a conditioning stint. Colaiacovo hasn’t played since Jan. 21, so this will give him a chance to get back into game shape in time for Detroit’s final push for a playoff spot.
Detroit will attempt to bounce back against the Chicago Blackhawks on Sunday. That won’t be easy, but the Red Wings need every point they can get.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)