Mar 29, 2013, 8:08 PM EDT
The bad news continues to pile up for the Philadelphia Flyers.
The team updates that Braydon Coburn‘s upper-body injury from Thursday is actually a separated shoulder, leaving him out indefinitely. It’s unusual for Coburn to deal with such an issue; he’s only missed eight games since 2007.
If that wasn’t enough, fellow defenseman Andrej Meszaros will have season-ending shoulder surgery on April 2. He’s been limited by that issue in 2013 and finally decided to go under the knife.
It seems more and more like this is a lost season for Philly.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 14
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 1
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 16
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13