Mar 29, 2013, 8:08 PM EDT
The bad news continues to pile up for the Philadelphia Flyers.
The team updates that Braydon Coburn‘s upper-body injury from Thursday is actually a separated shoulder, leaving him out indefinitely. It’s unusual for Coburn to deal with such an issue; he’s only missed eight games since 2007.
If that wasn’t enough, fellow defenseman Andrej Meszaros will have season-ending shoulder surgery on April 2. He’s been limited by that issue in 2013 and finally decided to go under the knife.
It seems more and more like this is a lost season for Philly.
- Subban, Habs can’t agree to terms before arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 19
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 63
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)