Mar 29, 2013, 8:08 PM EDT
The bad news continues to pile up for the Philadelphia Flyers.
The team updates that Braydon Coburn‘s upper-body injury from Thursday is actually a separated shoulder, leaving him out indefinitely. It’s unusual for Coburn to deal with such an issue; he’s only missed eight games since 2007.
If that wasn’t enough, fellow defenseman Andrej Meszaros will have season-ending shoulder surgery on April 2. He’s been limited by that issue in 2013 and finally decided to go under the knife.
It seems more and more like this is a lost season for Philly.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 20
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 47
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)