Mar 29, 2013, 11:44 PM EDT
Ray Emery‘s personal winning streak for the Chicago Blackhawks this season ended Friday, in the same game the Anaheim Ducks snapped their four-game losing streak.
Despite the Ducks’ recent struggles, they were able to complete the season series sweep against the Blackhawks, who still remain at the top of the Western Conference standings, thanks to a 2-1 victory in Chicago.
Ducks blue liner Sheldon Souray scored the winner with 2:08 remaining in the third period, giving Anaheim three victories in all three games this season against the Blackhawks.
Emery, 30, came into Friday’s meeting between the two best teams in the West with a 12-0-0 record in 15 games.
The Blackhawks were once again without Marian Hossa, who was put on injured reserve.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)