Mar 29, 2013, 11:44 PM EDT
Ray Emery‘s personal winning streak for the Chicago Blackhawks this season ended Friday, in the same game the Anaheim Ducks snapped their four-game losing streak.
Despite the Ducks’ recent struggles, they were able to complete the season series sweep against the Blackhawks, who still remain at the top of the Western Conference standings, thanks to a 2-1 victory in Chicago.
Ducks blue liner Sheldon Souray scored the winner with 2:08 remaining in the third period, giving Anaheim three victories in all three games this season against the Blackhawks.
Emery, 30, came into Friday’s meeting between the two best teams in the West with a 12-0-0 record in 15 games.
The Blackhawks were once again without Marian Hossa, who was put on injured reserve.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5