Mar 29, 2013, 1:01 PM EDT
Bruce Boudreau didn’t name names after his team’s fourth straight loss on Wednesday, but it’s clear the Ducks’ head coach isn’t happy with the performances of a number of his players.
“We’ve got some guys who are working their [rears] off and then we have continually the same passengers every night,” Boudreau said, per the LA Times. “Those passengers, we rely on them heavily. We were a 20-man team when we were successful. We can’t do it with 10 or 12, and that’s what it seems these four games have been like.”
Things don’t get any easier for Anaheim tonight. The Ducks are in Chicago to face the Blackhawks — a team that will be looking for revenge after dropping a 4-2 decision March 20 at the Honda Center.
As we wrote a couple of days ago, hockey’s advanced statistics purveyors have been predicting an Anaheim collapse for some time now.
The Ducks have been outscored 16-5 in their last four games.
Is it just a little slump?
Or, is a house of cards coming tumbling down?
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)