Mar 29, 2013, 7:24 PM EDT
New head coach Jon Cooper isn’t the only one making his debut for the Tampa Bay Lightning on Friday. The Tampa Tribune’s Erik Erlendsson reports that towering defenseman Andrej Sustr will play his first NHL game as the Bolts face the New Jersey Devils.
The Bolts just recently signed the 6-foot-8 blueliner from the University of Nebraksa-Omaha (UNO).
Erlendsson reports that he’ll be one of seven defensemen dressed for tonight’s game, so it’s possible that he might not get a ton of ice time.
Considering how slim the team’s playoff hopes seem, it’s at least something to watch for … along with how their new coach fares.
(Sustr photo via UNO’s Web site.)
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 14
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 90
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (90)