Mar 29, 2013, 7:24 PM EST
New head coach Jon Cooper isn’t the only one making his debut for the Tampa Bay Lightning on Friday. The Tampa Tribune’s Erik Erlendsson reports that towering defenseman Andrej Sustr will play his first NHL game as the Bolts face the New Jersey Devils.
The Bolts just recently signed the 6-foot-8 blueliner from the University of Nebraksa-Omaha (UNO).
Erlendsson reports that he’ll be one of seven defensemen dressed for tonight’s game, so it’s possible that he might not get a ton of ice time.
Considering how slim the team’s playoff hopes seem, it’s at least something to watch for … along with how their new coach fares.
(Sustr photo via UNO’s Web site.)
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 11
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 28
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 78
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)