Mar 29, 2013, 7:24 PM EDT
New head coach Jon Cooper isn’t the only one making his debut for the Tampa Bay Lightning on Friday. The Tampa Tribune’s Erik Erlendsson reports that towering defenseman Andrej Sustr will play his first NHL game as the Bolts face the New Jersey Devils.
The Bolts just recently signed the 6-foot-8 blueliner from the University of Nebraksa-Omaha (UNO).
Erlendsson reports that he’ll be one of seven defensemen dressed for tonight’s game, so it’s possible that he might not get a ton of ice time.
Considering how slim the team’s playoff hopes seem, it’s at least something to watch for … along with how their new coach fares.
(Sustr photo via UNO’s Web site.)
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63