Mar 29, 2013, 4:14 PM EST
Another potential purchaser of the Phoenix Coyotes has stepped forward.
Darin Pastor, founder and CEO of the wealth management firm Capstone Affluent Strategies, has “formed an exploratory committee of seasoned investment bankers and other related sports entertainment advisors in an effort” to buy the club from the NHL, according to a release.
“Hockey is in my DNA,” Pastor said. “My family has enjoyed a love affair with the sport for over three generations. When we saw the prospect to get involved with the NHL and purchase the Coyotes, it was like a dream come true.”
Pastor also says his group “will do everything we can to make sure it stays in the great city of Glendale and continues to enhance the Phoenix metropolitan area.”
More from the release:
A native of Buffalo, N.Y., Pastor has been around the sport of hockey for his entire life. In 1956, his grandfather and great-uncles bought the Buffalo Bison Hockey Club when the previous owner threatened to move the team, and under their guidance, the Bisons improved dramatically, winning the Calder Cup in 1960, 1964, and 1970. Buffalo’s roster featured many future NHL stars and quickly became one of the hottest tickets in the league, with an average attendance of over 10,500 per game. The Pastor family sold the Bisons in 1971 shortly after the franchise joined the NHL as the expansion Buffalo Sabres.
Dec 6, 2013, 8:45 PM EST
Next summer, they’ll be talking about shrinking goalie sweaters.
Dec 6, 2013, 8:28 PM EST
After 15 seasons and two Stanley Cup victories.
Dec 6, 2013, 7:55 PM EST
Worse yet, another high Tampa Bay draft pick delivered the blow.
Dec 6, 2013, 7:35 PM EST
According to Fox Sports Detroit.
Dec 6, 2013, 7:05 PM EST
Damaged defense in Dallas.
Dec 6, 2013, 6:31 PM EST
Meanwhile, Bryan Bickell might resume skating next week.
Dec 6, 2013, 5:45 PM EST
A roster shuffle is expected.
Dec 6, 2013, 5:13 PM EST
Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane like where this is going.
Dec 6, 2013, 4:28 PM EST
In which we ask the question, does Team Canada need a player like Milan Lucic?
Dec 6, 2013, 3:37 PM EST
Tough break for the Swedish defenseman.
Dec 6, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
“I’m sure after a little while I won’t even notice it.”
Dec 6, 2013, 2:47 PM EST
Veteran defenseman enjoyed his best years in Colorado.
Dec 6, 2013, 2:36 PM EST
Boston blueliner was hurt vs. Montreal last night.
Dec 6, 2013, 2:18 PM EST
Was fired by the Flyers earlier this season.
Dec 6, 2013, 1:41 PM EST
Chicago gets Brandon Mashinter in return.
Dec 6, 2013, 1:37 PM EST
If he’s going to re-sign with the Sabres, he wants to see “actions” from management.
Dec 6, 2013, 1:33 PM EST
Incident saw the Boston defenseman stretchered off the ice Thursday.
Dec 6, 2013, 1:20 PM EST
Second veteran defenseman they’ve waived this season.
Dec 6, 2013, 1:03 PM EST
Vancouver hosts the Coyotes tonight and the Avs Sunday.
Dec 6, 2013, 12:57 PM EST
So. Many. Injuries.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 8
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 18
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 48
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)