Mar 29, 2013, 4:14 PM EDT
Another potential purchaser of the Phoenix Coyotes has stepped forward.
Darin Pastor, founder and CEO of the wealth management firm Capstone Affluent Strategies, has “formed an exploratory committee of seasoned investment bankers and other related sports entertainment advisors in an effort” to buy the club from the NHL, according to a release.
“Hockey is in my DNA,” Pastor said. “My family has enjoyed a love affair with the sport for over three generations. When we saw the prospect to get involved with the NHL and purchase the Coyotes, it was like a dream come true.”
Pastor also says his group “will do everything we can to make sure it stays in the great city of Glendale and continues to enhance the Phoenix metropolitan area.”
More from the release:
A native of Buffalo, N.Y., Pastor has been around the sport of hockey for his entire life. In 1956, his grandfather and great-uncles bought the Buffalo Bison Hockey Club when the previous owner threatened to move the team, and under their guidance, the Bisons improved dramatically, winning the Calder Cup in 1960, 1964, and 1970. Buffalo’s roster featured many future NHL stars and quickly became one of the hottest tickets in the league, with an average attendance of over 10,500 per game. The Pastor family sold the Bisons in 1971 shortly after the franchise joined the NHL as the expansion Buffalo Sabres.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 15
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 20
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 65
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 26
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)