Mar 29, 2013, 4:14 PM EDT
Another potential purchaser of the Phoenix Coyotes has stepped forward.
Darin Pastor, founder and CEO of the wealth management firm Capstone Affluent Strategies, has “formed an exploratory committee of seasoned investment bankers and other related sports entertainment advisors in an effort” to buy the club from the NHL, according to a release.
“Hockey is in my DNA,” Pastor said. “My family has enjoyed a love affair with the sport for over three generations. When we saw the prospect to get involved with the NHL and purchase the Coyotes, it was like a dream come true.”
Pastor also says his group “will do everything we can to make sure it stays in the great city of Glendale and continues to enhance the Phoenix metropolitan area.”
More from the release:
A native of Buffalo, N.Y., Pastor has been around the sport of hockey for his entire life. In 1956, his grandfather and great-uncles bought the Buffalo Bison Hockey Club when the previous owner threatened to move the team, and under their guidance, the Bisons improved dramatically, winning the Calder Cup in 1960, 1964, and 1970. Buffalo’s roster featured many future NHL stars and quickly became one of the hottest tickets in the league, with an average attendance of over 10,500 per game. The Pastor family sold the Bisons in 1971 shortly after the franchise joined the NHL as the expansion Buffalo Sabres.
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 2
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)