Mar 28, 2013, 6:48 PM EDT
The Penguins have managed to continue their winning streak without him, going 9-0-0 with the 26-year-old star on the mend since March 9. They’ve had to adjust their style, impressively allowing just nine goals in those nine games to extend their winning streak to a season-high 13 games.
Don’t blame Malkin if the team starts to leak goals upon his return, though.
There could be some growing pains with Kris Letang back on the IR, Marc-Andre Fleury injured and new pieces like Douglas Murray and Brenden Morrow (plus eventually Iginla) to integrate into the lineup.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)