Mar 28, 2013, 6:48 PM EDT
The Penguins have managed to continue their winning streak without him, going 9-0-0 with the 26-year-old star on the mend since March 9. They’ve had to adjust their style, impressively allowing just nine goals in those nine games to extend their winning streak to a season-high 13 games.
Don’t blame Malkin if the team starts to leak goals upon his return, though.
There could be some growing pains with Kris Letang back on the IR, Marc-Andre Fleury injured and new pieces like Douglas Murray and Brenden Morrow (plus eventually Iginla) to integrate into the lineup.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 22
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (49)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)