Mar 28, 2013, 6:48 PM EST
The Penguins have managed to continue their winning streak without him, going 9-0-0 with the 26-year-old star on the mend since March 9. They’ve had to adjust their style, impressively allowing just nine goals in those nine games to extend their winning streak to a season-high 13 games.
Don’t blame Malkin if the team starts to leak goals upon his return, though.
There could be some growing pains with Kris Letang back on the IR, Marc-Andre Fleury injured and new pieces like Douglas Murray and Brenden Morrow (plus eventually Iginla) to integrate into the lineup.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)