Mar 28, 2013, 6:48 PM EDT
The Penguins have managed to continue their winning streak without him, going 9-0-0 with the 26-year-old star on the mend since March 9. They’ve had to adjust their style, impressively allowing just nine goals in those nine games to extend their winning streak to a season-high 13 games.
Don’t blame Malkin if the team starts to leak goals upon his return, though.
There could be some growing pains with Kris Letang back on the IR, Marc-Andre Fleury injured and new pieces like Douglas Murray and Brenden Morrow (plus eventually Iginla) to integrate into the lineup.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 12
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 39
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)