Mar 28, 2013, 6:48 PM EDT
The Penguins have managed to continue their winning streak without him, going 9-0-0 with the 26-year-old star on the mend since March 9. They’ve had to adjust their style, impressively allowing just nine goals in those nine games to extend their winning streak to a season-high 13 games.
Don’t blame Malkin if the team starts to leak goals upon his return, though.
There could be some growing pains with Kris Letang back on the IR, Marc-Andre Fleury injured and new pieces like Douglas Murray and Brenden Morrow (plus eventually Iginla) to integrate into the lineup.
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 24
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)