Mar 28, 2013, 11:25 PM EDT
Sure, it’s a nice problem to have, but the Pittsburgh Penguins must soon decide where to place Jarome Iginla in their red-hot lineup.
Do you re-live that magical “golden goal” from the 2010 Olympics and pair him with Sidney Crosby? Would it instead be better to outfit Evgeni Malkin with an enviable one-two punch of snipers by placing Iginla alongside James Neal?
It’s true that teams fiddle with line combos all the time, but it remains to be seen which combination fits most often. EJ Hradek provides an interesting take on that question in this video:
I’m guessing these are the playoff lines: Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis Neal-Malkin-Iginla Morrow-Sutter-Cooke Adams-Vitale-Kennedy
— Josh Yohe (@JoshYohe_Trib) March 28, 2013
This should be interesting.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)