Mar 28, 2013, 11:25 PM EDT
Sure, it’s a nice problem to have, but the Pittsburgh Penguins must soon decide where to place Jarome Iginla in their red-hot lineup.
Do you re-live that magical “golden goal” from the 2010 Olympics and pair him with Sidney Crosby? Would it instead be better to outfit Evgeni Malkin with an enviable one-two punch of snipers by placing Iginla alongside James Neal?
It’s true that teams fiddle with line combos all the time, but it remains to be seen which combination fits most often. EJ Hradek provides an interesting take on that question in this video:
I’m guessing these are the playoff lines: Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis Neal-Malkin-Iginla Morrow-Sutter-Cooke Adams-Vitale-Kennedy
— Josh Yohe (@JoshYohe_Trib) March 28, 2013
This should be interesting.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 38
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 99
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (99)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)