Mar 28, 2013, 11:25 PM EDT
Sure, it’s a nice problem to have, but the Pittsburgh Penguins must soon decide where to place Jarome Iginla in their red-hot lineup.
Do you re-live that magical “golden goal” from the 2010 Olympics and pair him with Sidney Crosby? Would it instead be better to outfit Evgeni Malkin with an enviable one-two punch of snipers by placing Iginla alongside James Neal?
It’s true that teams fiddle with line combos all the time, but it remains to be seen which combination fits most often. EJ Hradek provides an interesting take on that question in this video:
I’m guessing these are the playoff lines: Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis Neal-Malkin-Iginla Morrow-Sutter-Cooke Adams-Vitale-Kennedy
— Josh Yohe (@JoshYohe_Trib) March 28, 2013
This should be interesting.
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 92
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 48
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63