Video: Stamkos tells ‘The Crossover’ that the pressure’s on the Penguins

Mar 28, 2013, 8:42 PM EDT

Even for a team that’s used to being favorites, the Pittsburgh Penguins look like they’ll need to deal with a ton of pressure to win it all in 2013 after adding Jarome Iginla, Brenden Morrow and Douglas Murray to a red-hot lineup.

Tampa Bay Lightning forward Steven Stamkos discussed the kind of hype they’ll face – along with what it’s  been like to adjust to a new head coach – during a guest spot on NBC Sports Network’s “The Crossover.”

Check out video of his discussion with Michelle Beadle and Dave Briggs below:

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
  1. orpiksdeadeyes - Mar 28, 2013 at 9:05 PM

who gives a care what this wanna be thinks? Blonde Ambition Tour’s face looks like a boat rudder with that honker. i heard a rumor Steven was gonna get nose surgery to transfer some of that excess skin into those puny bird lips in hopes of catching up to the luscious lips that resides on the future cup lifter.

• grudenthediva - Mar 29, 2013 at 1:36 AM

“Blonde Ambition” can take a puck to the face and come back bloody five minutes later. Don’t be jealous because you’re only taking a wang to the mouth and even that makes you a little misty eyed.

Idiot.

2. csilojohnson - Mar 28, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Nobody cares what is on that piece of crap you call a show. (at least I would like to think)

3. leeeroooyjeeenkiiins - Mar 28, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Dan’s question didn’t really make much sense lol. Why would Stamkos be demoralized by the Penguins getting Iginla? We’re in 13th place, the Penguins aren’t even on our radar right now and the only way their acquisition will affect us at all is if we go on a legendary tear to sneak into the 8th seed and face them. I’m pretty sure that’s all he’s concerned with at the moment.

• JoeAvg - Mar 28, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I agree it was poor choice of words. I’ve never watched Beetle and Bricks or whatever their names are, and after seeing this I don’t think I’ll bother.

4. JoeAvg - Mar 28, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Pressure? Yeah there’ll be pressure. But a team comprised of a half a dozen or so Olympians and many others who’ve played in the Stanley Cup finals know how to play with pressure. I think they learned their lesson last year with the media practically handing them the cup when the season still had a month or more to go. It seemed as if they started to believe that they couldn’t be beat -lost their focus- and quickly found out otherwise. I wouldn’t count on that happening again.

5. earpaniac - Mar 28, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I cannot believe that I might be the only person who likes Michelle Beadle!

• drewzducks - Mar 28, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Don’t worry, you’re not alone.

6. jaker85 - Mar 29, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Didn’t Clay Matthews put it in Michelle Beadle five hole? If so I’m a fan of her’s as well. Lets….Go….Pens!

Illegal hits are down -- but will it last?

Top 10 NHL Player Searches