Mar 28, 2013, 11:30 PM EDT
Maybe a little involuntary time away from the game has done Joffrey Lupul some good.
He’s been red-hot since returning from forearm surgery on March. 16, continuing his five-game point (and goal) streak with a goal and a helper in the Toronto Maple Leafs’ 6-3 win against the Carolina Hurricanes.
That score is misleadingly lopsided because of two empty-net goals, however; it turns out Lupul’s impressive coast-to-coast goal won the game:
After going without a point in three games before that freak injury, he now has seven goals and two assists for nine points during this five-game streak. The video above just happens to be the prettiest one.
Phil Kessel‘s facial expression probably captures the mood (via Getty):
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)