Mar 28, 2013, 11:30 PM EDT
Maybe a little involuntary time away from the game has done Joffrey Lupul some good.
He’s been red-hot since returning from forearm surgery on March. 16, continuing his five-game point (and goal) streak with a goal and a helper in the Toronto Maple Leafs’ 6-3 win against the Carolina Hurricanes.
That score is misleadingly lopsided because of two empty-net goals, however; it turns out Lupul’s impressive coast-to-coast goal won the game:
After going without a point in three games before that freak injury, he now has seven goals and two assists for nine points during this five-game streak. The video above just happens to be the prettiest one.
Phil Kessel‘s facial expression probably captures the mood (via Getty):
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 4
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 31
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)