Mar 28, 2013, 11:30 PM EDT
Maybe a little involuntary time away from the game has done Joffrey Lupul some good.
He’s been red-hot since returning from forearm surgery on March. 16, continuing his five-game point (and goal) streak with a goal and a helper in the Toronto Maple Leafs’ 6-3 win against the Carolina Hurricanes.
That score is misleadingly lopsided because of two empty-net goals, however; it turns out Lupul’s impressive coast-to-coast goal won the game:
After going without a point in three games before that freak injury, he now has seven goals and two assists for nine points during this five-game streak. The video above just happens to be the prettiest one.
Phil Kessel‘s facial expression probably captures the mood (via Getty):
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 5
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 10
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 8
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)