Mar 28, 2013, 11:30 PM EDT
Maybe a little involuntary time away from the game has done Joffrey Lupul some good.
He’s been red-hot since returning from forearm surgery on March. 16, continuing his five-game point (and goal) streak with a goal and a helper in the Toronto Maple Leafs’ 6-3 win against the Carolina Hurricanes.
That score is misleadingly lopsided because of two empty-net goals, however; it turns out Lupul’s impressive coast-to-coast goal won the game:
After going without a point in three games before that freak injury, he now has seven goals and two assists for nine points during this five-game streak. The video above just happens to be the prettiest one.
Phil Kessel‘s facial expression probably captures the mood (via Getty):
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)