Mar 28, 2013, 11:30 PM EST
Maybe a little involuntary time away from the game has done Joffrey Lupul some good.
He’s been red-hot since returning from forearm surgery on March. 16, continuing his five-game point (and goal) streak with a goal and a helper in the Toronto Maple Leafs’ 6-3 win against the Carolina Hurricanes.
That score is misleadingly lopsided because of two empty-net goals, however; it turns out Lupul’s impressive coast-to-coast goal won the game:
After going without a point in three games before that freak injury, he now has seven goals and two assists for nine points during this five-game streak. The video above just happens to be the prettiest one.
Phil Kessel‘s facial expression probably captures the mood (via Getty):
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35