Mar 28, 2013, 4:29 PM EST
The NHL’s trade deadline is Wednesday, April 3. Following is a player that may be moved. For more “Trade Bait,” click here.
Thursday in Nashville, Steve Sullivan will play his 1,000th regular-season game in the NHL.
It’s been quite the career for the diminutive center, now 38 years old, who was a long shot to make it in the world’s best league.
In 1994, Sullivan was drafted 233rd overall by the Devils. Around two decades later — and throw in some serious back issues along the way — he’s still at it.
Sullivan’s production has fallen to just 12 points in 30 games this season, his first with the Coyotes. But with a number of teams in the market for a center, it’s possibly he could be on the move prior to next week’s deadline.
Sullivan is a pending unrestricted free agent on a one-year, $2.6 million contract.
Will Phoenix be a seller at the deadline?
Well, the Coyotes lost again last night, blowing a late lead to the Wild and falling 4-3 in overtime. Phoenix now sits 13th in the Western Conference, five points back of a playoff spot, with only 15 games remaining.
According to Sports Club Stats, the Coyotes have a 5.5% chance of making the playoffs.
So to answer the question: yes, they’ll probably be sellers.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)