Mar 28, 2013, 4:29 PM EDT
The NHL’s trade deadline is Wednesday, April 3. Following is a player that may be moved. For more “Trade Bait,” click here.
Thursday in Nashville, Steve Sullivan will play his 1,000th regular-season game in the NHL.
It’s been quite the career for the diminutive center, now 38 years old, who was a long shot to make it in the world’s best league.
In 1994, Sullivan was drafted 233rd overall by the Devils. Around two decades later — and throw in some serious back issues along the way — he’s still at it.
Sullivan’s production has fallen to just 12 points in 30 games this season, his first with the Coyotes. But with a number of teams in the market for a center, it’s possibly he could be on the move prior to next week’s deadline.
Sullivan is a pending unrestricted free agent on a one-year, $2.6 million contract.
Will Phoenix be a seller at the deadline?
Well, the Coyotes lost again last night, blowing a late lead to the Wild and falling 4-3 in overtime. Phoenix now sits 13th in the Western Conference, five points back of a playoff spot, with only 15 games remaining.
According to Sports Club Stats, the Coyotes have a 5.5% chance of making the playoffs.
So to answer the question: yes, they’ll probably be sellers.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 34
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)