Mar 28, 2013, 4:29 PM EDT
The NHL’s trade deadline is Wednesday, April 3. Following is a player that may be moved. For more “Trade Bait,” click here.
Thursday in Nashville, Steve Sullivan will play his 1,000th regular-season game in the NHL.
It’s been quite the career for the diminutive center, now 38 years old, who was a long shot to make it in the world’s best league.
In 1994, Sullivan was drafted 233rd overall by the Devils. Around two decades later — and throw in some serious back issues along the way — he’s still at it.
Sullivan’s production has fallen to just 12 points in 30 games this season, his first with the Coyotes. But with a number of teams in the market for a center, it’s possibly he could be on the move prior to next week’s deadline.
Sullivan is a pending unrestricted free agent on a one-year, $2.6 million contract.
Will Phoenix be a seller at the deadline?
Well, the Coyotes lost again last night, blowing a late lead to the Wild and falling 4-3 in overtime. Phoenix now sits 13th in the Western Conference, five points back of a playoff spot, with only 15 games remaining.
According to Sports Club Stats, the Coyotes have a 5.5% chance of making the playoffs.
So to answer the question: yes, they’ll probably be sellers.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 21
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 92
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (92)