Mar 28, 2013, 4:29 PM EDT
The NHL’s trade deadline is Wednesday, April 3. Following is a player that may be moved. For more “Trade Bait,” click here.
Thursday in Nashville, Steve Sullivan will play his 1,000th regular-season game in the NHL.
It’s been quite the career for the diminutive center, now 38 years old, who was a long shot to make it in the world’s best league.
In 1994, Sullivan was drafted 233rd overall by the Devils. Around two decades later — and throw in some serious back issues along the way — he’s still at it.
Sullivan’s production has fallen to just 12 points in 30 games this season, his first with the Coyotes. But with a number of teams in the market for a center, it’s possibly he could be on the move prior to next week’s deadline.
Sullivan is a pending unrestricted free agent on a one-year, $2.6 million contract.
Will Phoenix be a seller at the deadline?
Well, the Coyotes lost again last night, blowing a late lead to the Wild and falling 4-3 in overtime. Phoenix now sits 13th in the Western Conference, five points back of a playoff spot, with only 15 games remaining.
According to Sports Club Stats, the Coyotes have a 5.5% chance of making the playoffs.
So to answer the question: yes, they’ll probably be sellers.
- ‘We’re going into the cage,’ says Kings’ coach Sutter about Game 5 0
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 21
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 53
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 42
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)