Mar 28, 2013, 12:16 PM EST
In addition to a first-round pick in 2013, the Calgary Flames got two prospects from the Pittsburgh Penguins in the Jarome Iginla trade: Kenneth Agostino and Ben Hanowski.
If your first thought upon hearing those names was, ‘Who?’, then we’re here to help.
Agostino is a 20-year-old Yale University forward that was originally taken in the fifth round by the Pittsburgh Penguins. He’s spent three seasons in the NCAA since being selected in 2010 and his production has ticked up each season.
He had 15 goals, 37 points, and 32 penalty minutes in 33 games in 2012-13. He’s a competitive player that battles in dirty areas, according to Hockey’s Future. They think he has enough upside to maybe become a second-liner in the NHL someday, although they have doubts about the likelihood of him ever reaching his full potential.
Ben Hanowski, 22, is a similar story in terms of upside and his probability of success. The Pittsburgh Penguins selected him in the third round of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
Hanowski broke out last season with 24 goals and 43 points in 39 games with St. Cloud State. He hasn’t been as productive in 2012-13, posting 16 goals and 29 points in 34 NCAA contests.
As you might guess, Hanowski is an offensive forward who has shown an ability to both find the back of the net and play in more of a setup role when the situation calls for it.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 24
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)