Mar 28, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
In addition to a first-round pick in 2013, the Calgary Flames got two prospects from the Pittsburgh Penguins in the Jarome Iginla trade: Kenneth Agostino and Ben Hanowski.
If your first thought upon hearing those names was, ‘Who?’, then we’re here to help.
Agostino is a 20-year-old Yale University forward that was originally taken in the fifth round by the Pittsburgh Penguins. He’s spent three seasons in the NCAA since being selected in 2010 and his production has ticked up each season.
He had 15 goals, 37 points, and 32 penalty minutes in 33 games in 2012-13. He’s a competitive player that battles in dirty areas, according to Hockey’s Future. They think he has enough upside to maybe become a second-liner in the NHL someday, although they have doubts about the likelihood of him ever reaching his full potential.
Ben Hanowski, 22, is a similar story in terms of upside and his probability of success. The Pittsburgh Penguins selected him in the third round of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
Hanowski broke out last season with 24 goals and 43 points in 39 games with St. Cloud State. He hasn’t been as productive in 2012-13, posting 16 goals and 29 points in 34 NCAA contests.
As you might guess, Hanowski is an offensive forward who has shown an ability to both find the back of the net and play in more of a setup role when the situation calls for it.
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 4
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 6
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 11
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 32
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 36
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)