Mar 28, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
In addition to a first-round pick in 2013, the Calgary Flames got two prospects from the Pittsburgh Penguins in the Jarome Iginla trade: Kenneth Agostino and Ben Hanowski.
If your first thought upon hearing those names was, ‘Who?’, then we’re here to help.
Agostino is a 20-year-old Yale University forward that was originally taken in the fifth round by the Pittsburgh Penguins. He’s spent three seasons in the NCAA since being selected in 2010 and his production has ticked up each season.
He had 15 goals, 37 points, and 32 penalty minutes in 33 games in 2012-13. He’s a competitive player that battles in dirty areas, according to Hockey’s Future. They think he has enough upside to maybe become a second-liner in the NHL someday, although they have doubts about the likelihood of him ever reaching his full potential.
Ben Hanowski, 22, is a similar story in terms of upside and his probability of success. The Pittsburgh Penguins selected him in the third round of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
Hanowski broke out last season with 24 goals and 43 points in 39 games with St. Cloud State. He hasn’t been as productive in 2012-13, posting 16 goals and 29 points in 34 NCAA contests.
As you might guess, Hanowski is an offensive forward who has shown an ability to both find the back of the net and play in more of a setup role when the situation calls for it.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)