Mar 28, 2013, 3:58 PM EST
Mark Letestu is close to re-signing a multi-year contract extension with the Blue Jackets, according to Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch.
Letestu is a pending unrestricted free agent.
The 28-year-old center is tied for second in team scoring with seven goals and nine assists (16 points) in 31 games. In addition to providing some much-needed offense, he also spends a good deal of time on the Jackets’ fifth-ranked penalty kill.
Given the scarcity of centers in the NHL, it wouldn’t be surprising to hear the Jackets had been fielding trade inquiries about Letestu.
Those calls, if they were coming, may stop soon though.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)