Mar 28, 2013, 3:58 PM EDT
Mark Letestu is close to re-signing a multi-year contract extension with the Blue Jackets, according to Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch.
Letestu is a pending unrestricted free agent.
The 28-year-old center is tied for second in team scoring with seven goals and nine assists (16 points) in 31 games. In addition to providing some much-needed offense, he also spends a good deal of time on the Jackets’ fifth-ranked penalty kill.
Given the scarcity of centers in the NHL, it wouldn’t be surprising to hear the Jackets had been fielding trade inquiries about Letestu.
Those calls, if they were coming, may stop soon though.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 27
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 44
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)