Mar 28, 2013, 3:58 PM EDT
Mark Letestu is close to re-signing a multi-year contract extension with the Blue Jackets, according to Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch.
Letestu is a pending unrestricted free agent.
The 28-year-old center is tied for second in team scoring with seven goals and nine assists (16 points) in 31 games. In addition to providing some much-needed offense, he also spends a good deal of time on the Jackets’ fifth-ranked penalty kill.
Given the scarcity of centers in the NHL, it wouldn’t be surprising to hear the Jackets had been fielding trade inquiries about Letestu.
Those calls, if they were coming, may stop soon though.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21