Mar 28, 2013, 3:58 PM EDT
Mark Letestu is close to re-signing a multi-year contract extension with the Blue Jackets, according to Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch.
Letestu is a pending unrestricted free agent.
The 28-year-old center is tied for second in team scoring with seven goals and nine assists (16 points) in 31 games. In addition to providing some much-needed offense, he also spends a good deal of time on the Jackets’ fifth-ranked penalty kill.
Given the scarcity of centers in the NHL, it wouldn’t be surprising to hear the Jackets had been fielding trade inquiries about Letestu.
Those calls, if they were coming, may stop soon though.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32