Mar 28, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
According to Sportsnet’s Roger Millions, the 29-year-old defenseman has at least discussed the possibility with Flames management.
Millions reports that as many as six teams have shown interest in acquiring Bouwmeester, whose play has drawn positive reviews this season.
Bouwmeester is signed through next season with a cap hit of $6.68 million. His contract also includes a no-trade clause, meaning he’d have to approve any deal.
Teams that may be interested include Detroit, St. Louis, Ottawa and Philadelphia.
Bouwmeester — who has never appeared in a playoff game — would likely garner the Flames a bigger return than what Iginla got them from the Penguins.
It’s not clear, however, if the Flames really want to move the smooth-skating, big-minutes-logging defenseman.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5