Mar 28, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
According to Sportsnet’s Roger Millions, the 29-year-old defenseman has at least discussed the possibility with Flames management.
Millions reports that as many as six teams have shown interest in acquiring Bouwmeester, whose play has drawn positive reviews this season.
Bouwmeester is signed through next season with a cap hit of $6.68 million. His contract also includes a no-trade clause, meaning he’d have to approve any deal.
Teams that may be interested include Detroit, St. Louis, Ottawa and Philadelphia.
Bouwmeester — who has never appeared in a playoff game — would likely garner the Flames a bigger return than what Iginla got them from the Penguins.
It’s not clear, however, if the Flames really want to move the smooth-skating, big-minutes-logging defenseman.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)