Mar 28, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
According to Sportsnet’s Roger Millions, the 29-year-old defenseman has at least discussed the possibility with Flames management.
Millions reports that as many as six teams have shown interest in acquiring Bouwmeester, whose play has drawn positive reviews this season.
Bouwmeester is signed through next season with a cap hit of $6.68 million. His contract also includes a no-trade clause, meaning he’d have to approve any deal.
Teams that may be interested include Detroit, St. Louis, Ottawa and Philadelphia.
Bouwmeester — who has never appeared in a playoff game — would likely garner the Flames a bigger return than what Iginla got them from the Penguins.
It’s not clear, however, if the Flames really want to move the smooth-skating, big-minutes-logging defenseman.
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 13
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)