Mar 28, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
According to Sportsnet’s Roger Millions, the 29-year-old defenseman has at least discussed the possibility with Flames management.
Millions reports that as many as six teams have shown interest in acquiring Bouwmeester, whose play has drawn positive reviews this season.
Bouwmeester is signed through next season with a cap hit of $6.68 million. His contract also includes a no-trade clause, meaning he’d have to approve any deal.
Teams that may be interested include Detroit, St. Louis, Ottawa and Philadelphia.
Bouwmeester — who has never appeared in a playoff game — would likely garner the Flames a bigger return than what Iginla got them from the Penguins.
It’s not clear, however, if the Flames really want to move the smooth-skating, big-minutes-logging defenseman.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 25
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40