Mar 28, 2013, 12:43 PM EDT
After days of speculation, the New York Rangers were able to officially announce the signing of Mats Zuccarello.
The team didn’t specify the terms of the agreement, but a previous report suggested that Zuccarello inked a one-year, prorated $700,000 deal.
Zuccarello had 11 goals and 28 points in 44 KHL contests with Magnitogorsk Metallurg in 2012-13. The 5-foot-7 Norwegian didn’t need to clear waivers because he was already on the Rangers’ RFA/reserve list.
It remains to be seen how the Rangers will use him, but he’s joining a team that ranks near the bottom of the league in goals per game. The 25-year-old has eight goals and 26 points in 52 games with the Rangers.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 117
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (117)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)