Mar 28, 2013, 12:43 PM EST
After days of speculation, the New York Rangers were able to officially announce the signing of Mats Zuccarello.
The team didn’t specify the terms of the agreement, but a previous report suggested that Zuccarello inked a one-year, prorated $700,000 deal.
Zuccarello had 11 goals and 28 points in 44 KHL contests with Magnitogorsk Metallurg in 2012-13. The 5-foot-7 Norwegian didn’t need to clear waivers because he was already on the Rangers’ RFA/reserve list.
It remains to be seen how the Rangers will use him, but he’s joining a team that ranks near the bottom of the league in goals per game. The 25-year-old has eight goals and 26 points in 52 games with the Rangers.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 27
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 82
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (82)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)