Mar 28, 2013, 12:43 PM EDT
After days of speculation, the New York Rangers were able to officially announce the signing of Mats Zuccarello.
The team didn’t specify the terms of the agreement, but a previous report suggested that Zuccarello inked a one-year, prorated $700,000 deal.
Zuccarello had 11 goals and 28 points in 44 KHL contests with Magnitogorsk Metallurg in 2012-13. The 5-foot-7 Norwegian didn’t need to clear waivers because he was already on the Rangers’ RFA/reserve list.
It remains to be seen how the Rangers will use him, but he’s joining a team that ranks near the bottom of the league in goals per game. The 25-year-old has eight goals and 26 points in 52 games with the Rangers.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7