Mar 28, 2013, 1:01 PM EDT
Ovechkin went down as a result of the blow, but quickly got back to his feet. He threw his stick before skating off the ice so that the bleeding wound on his chin could be attended to.
Fortunately, Ovechkin seemed to be in good spirits after that incident.
He also shared some before and after photos of the damage:
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 0
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 0
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 19
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45