Mar 28, 2013, 1:01 PM EDT
Ovechkin went down as a result of the blow, but quickly got back to his feet. He threw his stick before skating off the ice so that the bleeding wound on his chin could be attended to.
Fortunately, Ovechkin seemed to be in good spirits after that incident.
He also shared some before and after photos of the damage:
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 4
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 27
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 27
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25