Mar 28, 2013, 9:38 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins are welcoming faces old and new back into their lineup, but the results remain the same: they keep winning. In Thursday’s case, they pummeled the Winnipeg Jets 4-0 to extend their winning streak to 14 games.
Evgeni Malkin looked fine, too, managing a goal, a +2 rating and four shots in about 15 and a half minutes of ice time.
Here’s his tip-in tally:
Sidney Crosby didn’t take his foot off the gas with his star teammate back in the lineup, collecting two assists to push that total to a ridiculous 41 (56 points). To put his assists total in perspective, Crosby only has two fewer assists than Steven Stamkos has points (43).
Crosby’s first helper to Chris Kunitz was something special:
While many are chomping at the bit to see Jarome Iginla make his Penguins debut, his new team continues to do fine without him.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)