Mar 28, 2013, 9:38 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins are welcoming faces old and new back into their lineup, but the results remain the same: they keep winning. In Thursday’s case, they pummeled the Winnipeg Jets 4-0 to extend their winning streak to 14 games.
Evgeni Malkin looked fine, too, managing a goal, a +2 rating and four shots in about 15 and a half minutes of ice time.
Here’s his tip-in tally:
Sidney Crosby didn’t take his foot off the gas with his star teammate back in the lineup, collecting two assists to push that total to a ridiculous 41 (56 points). To put his assists total in perspective, Crosby only has two fewer assists than Steven Stamkos has points (43).
Crosby’s first helper to Chris Kunitz was something special:
While many are chomping at the bit to see Jarome Iginla make his Penguins debut, his new team continues to do fine without him.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)