Mar 28, 2013, 9:38 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins are welcoming faces old and new back into their lineup, but the results remain the same: they keep winning. In Thursday’s case, they pummeled the Winnipeg Jets 4-0 to extend their winning streak to 14 games.
Evgeni Malkin looked fine, too, managing a goal, a +2 rating and four shots in about 15 and a half minutes of ice time.
Here’s his tip-in tally:
Sidney Crosby didn’t take his foot off the gas with his star teammate back in the lineup, collecting two assists to push that total to a ridiculous 41 (56 points). To put his assists total in perspective, Crosby only has two fewer assists than Steven Stamkos has points (43).
Crosby’s first helper to Chris Kunitz was something special:
While many are chomping at the bit to see Jarome Iginla make his Penguins debut, his new team continues to do fine without him.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 1
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55