Mar 28, 2013, 5:26 PM EDT
Evgeni Malkin could be back in the Pittsburgh lineup tonight when the Penguins host the Jets.
The club announced this afternoon that Malkin (shoulder) has been activated from injured reserve and that forward Beau Bennett has been re-assigned to its AHL affiliate in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
Malkin has been out of the lineup since March 9. While he was out, the Penguins won all nine of their games, surrendering just nine total goals. However, at the risk of nitpicking an impressive winning streak minus a star player, they only scored more than three goals twice.
On Tuesday, the Pens defeated Montreal, 1-0, for their 13th straight victory.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)