Mar 28, 2013, 5:26 PM EDT
Evgeni Malkin could be back in the Pittsburgh lineup tonight when the Penguins host the Jets.
The club announced this afternoon that Malkin (shoulder) has been activated from injured reserve and that forward Beau Bennett has been re-assigned to its AHL affiliate in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
Malkin has been out of the lineup since March 9. While he was out, the Penguins won all nine of their games, surrendering just nine total goals. However, at the risk of nitpicking an impressive winning streak minus a star player, they only scored more than three goals twice.
On Tuesday, the Pens defeated Montreal, 1-0, for their 13th straight victory.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 9
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 23
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 24
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 25
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 17
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6