Mar 28, 2013, 5:26 PM EDT
Evgeni Malkin could be back in the Pittsburgh lineup tonight when the Penguins host the Jets.
The club announced this afternoon that Malkin (shoulder) has been activated from injured reserve and that forward Beau Bennett has been re-assigned to its AHL affiliate in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
Malkin has been out of the lineup since March 9. While he was out, the Penguins won all nine of their games, surrendering just nine total goals. However, at the risk of nitpicking an impressive winning streak minus a star player, they only scored more than three goals twice.
On Tuesday, the Pens defeated Montreal, 1-0, for their 13th straight victory.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 10
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 23
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 12
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 55
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39