Mar 28, 2013, 5:26 PM EDT
Evgeni Malkin could be back in the Pittsburgh lineup tonight when the Penguins host the Jets.
The club announced this afternoon that Malkin (shoulder) has been activated from injured reserve and that forward Beau Bennett has been re-assigned to its AHL affiliate in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
Malkin has been out of the lineup since March 9. While he was out, the Penguins won all nine of their games, surrendering just nine total goals. However, at the risk of nitpicking an impressive winning streak minus a star player, they only scored more than three goals twice.
On Tuesday, the Pens defeated Montreal, 1-0, for their 13th straight victory.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (37)