Mar 28, 2013, 5:26 PM EDT
Evgeni Malkin could be back in the Pittsburgh lineup tonight when the Penguins host the Jets.
The club announced this afternoon that Malkin (shoulder) has been activated from injured reserve and that forward Beau Bennett has been re-assigned to its AHL affiliate in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
Malkin has been out of the lineup since March 9. While he was out, the Penguins won all nine of their games, surrendering just nine total goals. However, at the risk of nitpicking an impressive winning streak minus a star player, they only scored more than three goals twice.
On Tuesday, the Pens defeated Montreal, 1-0, for their 13th straight victory.
- Subban, Habs can’t agree to terms before arbitration hearing 16
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 19
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 63
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)