Mar 28, 2013, 7:06 PM EDT
The 29-year-old defenseman has been sidelined since Feb. 24 with a broken foot. He has nine points in the 15 games he’s played so far in 2013.
While the team’s 12-game point streak was impressive, only one of those contests took place outside of Columbus. They’ve lost the first two games of a four-game road trip (and a run of six away games in their next seven contests), pushing their overall away record to 3-9-2.
We’ll get a better sense of this team’s legitimacy soon enough, although the end of the season might pose the biggest test if they hang in there: they face a six-game road trip from April 13-25 before finishing 2013 at home.
First up: a match against the Oilers in Edmonton on Thursday night.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 10
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 17
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22