Mar 28, 2013, 7:06 PM EST
The 29-year-old defenseman has been sidelined since Feb. 24 with a broken foot. He has nine points in the 15 games he’s played so far in 2013.
While the team’s 12-game point streak was impressive, only one of those contests took place outside of Columbus. They’ve lost the first two games of a four-game road trip (and a run of six away games in their next seven contests), pushing their overall away record to 3-9-2.
We’ll get a better sense of this team’s legitimacy soon enough, although the end of the season might pose the biggest test if they hang in there: they face a six-game road trip from April 13-25 before finishing 2013 at home.
First up: a match against the Oilers in Edmonton on Thursday night.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)