Mar 28, 2013, 7:06 PM EDT
The 29-year-old defenseman has been sidelined since Feb. 24 with a broken foot. He has nine points in the 15 games he’s played so far in 2013.
While the team’s 12-game point streak was impressive, only one of those contests took place outside of Columbus. They’ve lost the first two games of a four-game road trip (and a run of six away games in their next seven contests), pushing their overall away record to 3-9-2.
We’ll get a better sense of this team’s legitimacy soon enough, although the end of the season might pose the biggest test if they hang in there: they face a six-game road trip from April 13-25 before finishing 2013 at home.
First up: a match against the Oilers in Edmonton on Thursday night.
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Capitals 0
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 2
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 14
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 56
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (68)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)