Mar 28, 2013, 4:58 PM EDT
Hossa (shoulder) and Sharp (shoulder) skated with the Blackhawks Thursday, but neither were taking contact and neither will play tomorrow versus the Ducks at the United Center.
“The conditioning is pretty good, but the strength needs to be better,” Hossa said, per CSNChicago.com. “Obviously, you want to make sure you’re 100 percent when you come back instead of coming back early and hurting it again. When I’m ready to play, I’ll play.”
‘Hawks coach Joel Quenneville says the club will wait until Hossa and Sharp are “more than ready” before they get back into the lineup.
“It doesn’t hurt the position we’re in,” said Quenneville. “They’ll tell us when they’re ready and we’ll look at everything, including the schedule, and make sure when they do get in they’ll be ready to go.”
The Blackhawks beat Calgary, 2-0, on Tuesday, but are a modest 4-4-0 in their last eight games.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)