Mar 28, 2013, 4:58 PM EDT
Hossa (shoulder) and Sharp (shoulder) skated with the Blackhawks Thursday, but neither were taking contact and neither will play tomorrow versus the Ducks at the United Center.
“The conditioning is pretty good, but the strength needs to be better,” Hossa said, per CSNChicago.com. “Obviously, you want to make sure you’re 100 percent when you come back instead of coming back early and hurting it again. When I’m ready to play, I’ll play.”
‘Hawks coach Joel Quenneville says the club will wait until Hossa and Sharp are “more than ready” before they get back into the lineup.
“It doesn’t hurt the position we’re in,” said Quenneville. “They’ll tell us when they’re ready and we’ll look at everything, including the schedule, and make sure when they do get in they’ll be ready to go.”
The Blackhawks beat Calgary, 2-0, on Tuesday, but are a modest 4-4-0 in their last eight games.
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 19
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 3
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 4
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3