Mar 28, 2013, 9:22 PM EST
When the Philadelphia Flyers aren’t losing games, it seems like they’re losing key players to injury. Add big defenseman Braydon Coburn to that list after Thursday.
The 28-year-old blueliner suffered an upper-body injury during the team’s game against the New York Islanders and won’t return.
While he’s had a rough 2013 at times, the Flyers need all the help they can get on defense. He’s been sturdy since becoming an NHL regular, too, missing just eight games in the last five seasons.
Beyond keeping him out of the remainder of tonight’s contest, it’s unclear how severe this ailment is.
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 84
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 8
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 53
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (84)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)