Mar 28, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
When the Philadelphia Flyers aren’t losing games, it seems like they’re losing key players to injury. Add big defenseman Braydon Coburn to that list after Thursday.
The 28-year-old blueliner suffered an upper-body injury during the team’s game against the New York Islanders and won’t return.
While he’s had a rough 2013 at times, the Flyers need all the help they can get on defense. He’s been sturdy since becoming an NHL regular, too, missing just eight games in the last five seasons.
Beyond keeping him out of the remainder of tonight’s contest, it’s unclear how severe this ailment is.
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 4
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 1
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 9
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 37
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)