Mar 28, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
When the Philadelphia Flyers aren’t losing games, it seems like they’re losing key players to injury. Add big defenseman Braydon Coburn to that list after Thursday.
The 28-year-old blueliner suffered an upper-body injury during the team’s game against the New York Islanders and won’t return.
While he’s had a rough 2013 at times, the Flyers need all the help they can get on defense. He’s been sturdy since becoming an NHL regular, too, missing just eight games in the last five seasons.
Beyond keeping him out of the remainder of tonight’s contest, it’s unclear how severe this ailment is.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 0
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 21
- Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 26
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 3
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 1
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)