Mar 28, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
When the Philadelphia Flyers aren’t losing games, it seems like they’re losing key players to injury. Add big defenseman Braydon Coburn to that list after Thursday.
The 28-year-old blueliner suffered an upper-body injury during the team’s game against the New York Islanders and won’t return.
While he’s had a rough 2013 at times, the Flyers need all the help they can get on defense. He’s been sturdy since becoming an NHL regular, too, missing just eight games in the last five seasons.
Beyond keeping him out of the remainder of tonight’s contest, it’s unclear how severe this ailment is.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)