Mar 28, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
When the Philadelphia Flyers aren’t losing games, it seems like they’re losing key players to injury. Add big defenseman Braydon Coburn to that list after Thursday.
The 28-year-old blueliner suffered an upper-body injury during the team’s game against the New York Islanders and won’t return.
While he’s had a rough 2013 at times, the Flyers need all the help they can get on defense. He’s been sturdy since becoming an NHL regular, too, missing just eight games in the last five seasons.
Beyond keeping him out of the remainder of tonight’s contest, it’s unclear how severe this ailment is.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 5
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 12
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 53
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 105
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)