Mar 28, 2013, 9:01 PM EST
If Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk believes that Matt Cooke cut Erik Karlsson‘s Achillies tendon with his skate blade in a deliberate crime, then he might just consider New York Rangers defenseman Anton Stralman a “copycat” cutter.
A person with the Twitter handle Radek Bonk Mullet snared quite the stunning screen cap of the freak accident/cold-blooded attempt to injure (depending upon which millionaire you ask).
It’s early, so we’ll have to wait and see if this ends up being a serious injury. Knowing Ottawa’s luck, it wouldn’t be surprising if he ends up missing a significant amount of time.
Update: Neil might have dodged a bullet. Mendes reports that he returned to the Senators’ bench during the game, so that’s definitely a great early sign.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 9
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 23
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 8
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)