Mar 28, 2013, 9:01 PM EDT
If Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk believes that Matt Cooke cut Erik Karlsson‘s Achillies tendon with his skate blade in a deliberate crime, then he might just consider New York Rangers defenseman Anton Stralman a “copycat” cutter.
A person with the Twitter handle Radek Bonk Mullet snared quite the stunning screen cap of the freak accident/cold-blooded attempt to injure (depending upon which millionaire you ask).
It’s early, so we’ll have to wait and see if this ends up being a serious injury. Knowing Ottawa’s luck, it wouldn’t be surprising if he ends up missing a significant amount of time.
Update: Neil might have dodged a bullet. Mendes reports that he returned to the Senators’ bench during the game, so that’s definitely a great early sign.
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)