Mar 28, 2013, 9:01 PM EST
If Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk believes that Matt Cooke cut Erik Karlsson‘s Achillies tendon with his skate blade in a deliberate crime, then he might just consider New York Rangers defenseman Anton Stralman a “copycat” cutter.
A person with the Twitter handle Radek Bonk Mullet snared quite the stunning screen cap of the freak accident/cold-blooded attempt to injure (depending upon which millionaire you ask).
It’s early, so we’ll have to wait and see if this ends up being a serious injury. Knowing Ottawa’s luck, it wouldn’t be surprising if he ends up missing a significant amount of time.
Update: Neil might have dodged a bullet. Mendes reports that he returned to the Senators’ bench during the game, so that’s definitely a great early sign.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 1
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 40
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)