Mar 28, 2013, 9:01 PM EDT
If Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk believes that Matt Cooke cut Erik Karlsson‘s Achillies tendon with his skate blade in a deliberate crime, then he might just consider New York Rangers defenseman Anton Stralman a “copycat” cutter.
A person with the Twitter handle Radek Bonk Mullet snared quite the stunning screen cap of the freak accident/cold-blooded attempt to injure (depending upon which millionaire you ask).
It’s early, so we’ll have to wait and see if this ends up being a serious injury. Knowing Ottawa’s luck, it wouldn’t be surprising if he ends up missing a significant amount of time.
Update: Neil might have dodged a bullet. Mendes reports that he returned to the Senators’ bench during the game, so that’s definitely a great early sign.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)