Mar 28, 2013, 9:01 PM EDT
If Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk believes that Matt Cooke cut Erik Karlsson‘s Achillies tendon with his skate blade in a deliberate crime, then he might just consider New York Rangers defenseman Anton Stralman a “copycat” cutter.
A person with the Twitter handle Radek Bonk Mullet snared quite the stunning screen cap of the freak accident/cold-blooded attempt to injure (depending upon which millionaire you ask).
It’s early, so we’ll have to wait and see if this ends up being a serious injury. Knowing Ottawa’s luck, it wouldn’t be surprising if he ends up missing a significant amount of time.
Update: Neil might have dodged a bullet. Mendes reports that he returned to the Senators’ bench during the game, so that’s definitely a great early sign.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 0
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 1
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 22
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 72
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (73)