Mar 28, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli has known Jay Feaster for years and has “nothing but good things to say about” the Flames’ GM.
Of course, the Bruins didn’t end up winning the Iginla sweepstakes. That victory went to Pittsburgh.
Ultimately, it appears that Iginla — who controlled the process with a no-trade clause — was set on joining the Penguins, and there was nothing the Bruins could do about it.
Chiarelli said he requested to speak with Iginla yesterday, but that request was turned down by the Flames.
After failing to land Iginla, Chiarelli must now refocus and turn his attention to other potential acquisitions. One of those may be Sharks winger Ryane Clowe.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)