Mar 28, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli has known Jay Feaster for years and has “nothing but good things to say about” the Flames’ GM.
Of course, the Bruins didn’t end up winning the Iginla sweepstakes. That victory went to Pittsburgh.
Ultimately, it appears that Iginla — who controlled the process with a no-trade clause — was set on joining the Penguins, and there was nothing the Bruins could do about it.
Chiarelli said he requested to speak with Iginla yesterday, but that request was turned down by the Flames.
After failing to land Iginla, Chiarelli must now refocus and turn his attention to other potential acquisitions. One of those may be Sharks winger Ryane Clowe.
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 20
- All eyes on Lundqvist 9
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)