Mar 28, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli has known Jay Feaster for years and has “nothing but good things to say about” the Flames’ GM.
Of course, the Bruins didn’t end up winning the Iginla sweepstakes. That victory went to Pittsburgh.
Ultimately, it appears that Iginla — who controlled the process with a no-trade clause — was set on joining the Penguins, and there was nothing the Bruins could do about it.
Chiarelli said he requested to speak with Iginla yesterday, but that request was turned down by the Flames.
After failing to land Iginla, Chiarelli must now refocus and turn his attention to other potential acquisitions. One of those may be Sharks winger Ryane Clowe.
- Five big games to watch this weekend 3
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 28
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 34
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 52
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)