Mar 28, 2013, 2:50 PM EST
Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli has known Jay Feaster for years and has “nothing but good things to say about” the Flames’ GM.
Of course, the Bruins didn’t end up winning the Iginla sweepstakes. That victory went to Pittsburgh.
Ultimately, it appears that Iginla — who controlled the process with a no-trade clause — was set on joining the Penguins, and there was nothing the Bruins could do about it.
Chiarelli said he requested to speak with Iginla yesterday, but that request was turned down by the Flames.
After failing to land Iginla, Chiarelli must now refocus and turn his attention to other potential acquisitions. One of those may be Sharks winger Ryane Clowe.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 3
- In praise of the Hamburglar 13
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54