Mar 28, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli has known Jay Feaster for years and has “nothing but good things to say about” the Flames’ GM.
Of course, the Bruins didn’t end up winning the Iginla sweepstakes. That victory went to Pittsburgh.
Ultimately, it appears that Iginla — who controlled the process with a no-trade clause — was set on joining the Penguins, and there was nothing the Bruins could do about it.
Chiarelli said he requested to speak with Iginla yesterday, but that request was turned down by the Flames.
After failing to land Iginla, Chiarelli must now refocus and turn his attention to other potential acquisitions. One of those may be Sharks winger Ryane Clowe.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)